Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nice Sato's! I have yet to see one of the pressure switches to which you are referring come with a OEM connector (usually just two wires). You might have better luck sourcing the connector and terminating the wire ends accordingly. For your application, I usually snip off the OEM connector and solder/splice/heat shrink tube it onto the pressure switch wires and create my own PnP. I've never had much luck finding the various OEM pins I need to re-pin.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 · (Edited)
@DucatiTerminator you are correct; I wasn’t able to source one with the oem connector. So I just purchased the pressure switch and a new tyco two pin connector. I tried depinning the old one but I stopped after I realized I would need new pins anyways.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
If there is one thing I hate on this Ducati it is bleeding the rear brake. Made a huge mess and took me two days. Probably still has some air in the line. I would hang it the other direction but can’t get the blasted nut off the wheel. Anyway I got the pressure switch for the brake light working with a stock connector. Hopefully all the work pays off.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
@filterfool i would say about 90% of everything I purchase for the bike comes from eBay. I usually will shop around for cheaper prices, but they are usually on eBay. The foot pegs were made in China, but it’s hard to find something that isn’t these days. They are high quality and proven. I say this because when I dropped my bike the left foot peg had very minimal damage.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Patiently waiting on the decat pipes so I can ride again. I guess I prematurely removed the cat when I saw the parts were in customs. Those mivv mufflers are looking frickin good though. Had to edit the post because as soon as I posted this I got an update the parts arrived here in Hawaii. Fingers crossed it comes tomorrow.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 · (Edited)
The new pipes and mufflers are on the bike. I didn’t realize but the spark pipes are actually an x-pipe that I installed in place of the cat. May just be worth the two month wait for them to arrive from Italy. I left the baffles in the Mivv mufflers and it is still loud enough. It has a better note then the previous setup at least at idle. I haven’t got it out on the road but plan on riding her to work tomorrow. IMHO my last exhaust was way too loud with out the baffle for my liking. Performance wise maybe the back pressure makes a difference and maybe not. I have seen dyno tests on other motorcycles and the change is minimal between the two. I however would like to conserve what little hearing I have left. I wish they would have left the heat shield bungs off like the picture in the advertisement for the Mivv mufflers, but I have the heat shields on the way.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
I don’t want to jinx it but I think I may have tamed the beast. No low rpm jitter and plenty of torque on demand. The exhaust note is deep when you rev the engine, but smooth while cruising along. Added the last touch to the exhaust with the heat shields. *Update to the post I turned around the exhaust clamp so it is out of sight out of mind.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Had a nice ride today around the east coast of Oahu. Bike is running so much better now with new exhaust and flashed ecu. It might be the end of the project and just keeping up on maintenance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had a nice ride today around the east coast of Oahu. Bike is running so much better now with new exhaust and flashed ecu. It might be the end of the project and just keeping up on maintenance.
That's a fun ride! Though I hate to think of that beauty in the rain.
I'm 0-for-3 when hoping to stay dry on Kamehameha. But there are some very nice stretches of road there!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 · (Edited)
That's a fun ride! Though I hate to think of that beauty in the rain.
I'm 0-for-3 when hoping to stay dry on Kamehameha. But there are some very nice stretches of road there!
It’s always raining somewhere on the island just gotta choose the right path I guess. I usually do a ride up to Ka’ena point on the north and it’s a good one. Next time I go out I’m planning on going down likelike hwy and back around to the Pali hwy. North shore has been busy with the tourists back now so you have to ride it early morning.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
Been away for a little while in Indonesia, but I’m finally back in the garage. So many people ride motorcycles and mopeds in that country it had me missing my bike something serious. However it did make for a good conversation starter when hanging with the Indonesian people. I tightened up my seat; the gap between the tank had been killing me everytime I saw it. Next order of business is installing a slipper clutch; soon to come.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
So when I pulled out the push rod this plastic piece that looks like a seal came out. Anyone know what this is? I don’t see it in the manual or parts diagram. I’m thinking it might just be a seal that goes in the crankshaft.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Finger Motor vehicle

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
@QLDs4 end of shaft like you said. I also found it in the parts diagram under the crankshaft section. The seal will only fit in far enough against the bearing. I guess I should have checked before asking what I feel like was a dumb question now.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts