Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Anyone ever experience a missing serial number in their ecu software? I tried contacting the designer of the tuneecu program about not being able to reprogram an ecu with it and all the information I got from them was it is missing the serial number and won’t work.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
The bike got possessed today and decided to put itself in gear enough to knock it over while I was putting on my helmet. I was pissed so just looked over the damaged briefly before driving the car to work. Luckily I can order only the tip that broke on my synto evo clutch lever and also they sell the brembo mirror bracket piece separate from the whole assembly. Only other damage I noticed was the gear sector lever is bent. I don’t think the radiator touched the ground, but I will find out if there is any more damage when I get home today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The bike got possessed today and decided to put itself in gear enough to knock it over while I was putting on my helmet. I was pissed so just looked over the damaged briefly before driving the car to work. Luckily I can order only the tip that broke on my synto evo clutch lever and also they sell the brembo mirror bracket piece separate from the whole assembly. Only other damage I noticed was the gear sector lever is bent. I don’t think the radiator touched the ground, but I will find out if there is any more damage when I get home today.
Ahhh bummer, I think I would have called in and went back to bed! Minor heart attack is worth at least a day to recover.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
What app is this screenshot from? I’m unsung Scenic and it’s ok but this looks way better!
It is called tuneecu and only for Android in the google play store. You can go onto their website and download maps. Unfortunately I wasn’t able too because for some reason my ecu does not have a serial number installed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Some parts are ordered and on the way from Italy and the continental U.S. and not just the few parts to repair the recent tragedy. I already bent out the gear selector lever and installed the replacement end piece for the synto evo clutch lever. Still awaiting the clutch mirror mount bracket and really feel I got lucky that was the only damage. Future plans include some new rearsets, cat delete with some new slip-ons, a new reflashed ecu, and an upgraded speedometer guage. Stay tuned to see what I’m actually throwing on the bike and a little bit of how-to as well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
If anyone is looking for a dependable and responsibly priced reflash service check out this link and follow the email instructions; Ducati ECU re Flash Service Sport 1000/Paul Smart/GT Exhaust/Immobilizer Disable | eBay. Diego provided me with a new unlocked ecu that was reflashed to my likings for only $300. He will reflash any 5AM ECU for only $100, but given I had an issue with my other two other ECU’s I just got a new one from him. My bike runs good with the Ducati performance map in open loop. I am still running my Termi two into one shorty slip on, but I was able to read my map in tuneecu so I can reflash in the future for a full system if needed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bummer your bike fell over in the driveway like that, but at least the damage was minor. Same thing happened to me about 6 years ago. I had just finished a bobber build on my 1958 Enfield Indian and went out to visit a friend. Fired up the bike to leave and went up to the house to say bye as I was putting my helmet on, turned around and the bike was laying in the driveway. Completely smashed the corner of the tank, said screw it, smashed in the other corner and built it into a proper cafe racer.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 · (Edited)
My clutch lever got bent up during the inadvertent fall so I purchased some rear set controls. The only thing I didn’t realize was it didn’t have a mount for the rear brake light switch. I however researched and found out you can add a banjo switch to make that function. Anyone know of a direct plug and play so I can use the stock connector. I think I’ll end up just re-pinning the connector.

121 - 140 of 181 Posts