Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am with you,.. the mirror problem is the great Elephant in the room-but,you can get'em- the origin Design Idea was simple clear:"Push that Front down far as you can!" - it has to stand like a angry 🦏Razorback-than afterward the Tank filler has to be the highest point- behind this it goes down again and than just slight up to the rear🤪-, perfect Line.. Like the Silhouette of a beautiful woman, lying on a mediterranen Beach in a bright clear Summer night touched by the Moonlight 😎-the mirrors must hang(upside down)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
@Franky992 another issue with getting the tank higher than the rest would be the ugly speedometer I have hidden under the headlight fairing. The whole security immobilizer system would be an issue if I wanted to change the speedometer. I have thought about molding and redesigning the speedometer for a lower profile too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Franky992 another issue with getting the tank higher than the rest would be the ugly speedometer I have hidden under the headlight fairing. The whole security immobilizer system would be an issue if I wanted to change the speedometer. I have thought about molding and redesigning the speedometer for a lower profile too.
OK, the easiest way you can go for this "speedo problem" is - you can mount them from below the yoke, screws upside down. By this you get the position of the older Typs like M900, - there's no much you can do more with the OEM Paneel🙄 But otherwise, if you want to change the speedo at all, - it's no big deal! You just have to eliminate the Immobilizer inside the ECU - for example by Rexxer, Motec or any of those Wire Wizards, by shipping to them and get the whole thing(ECU) cleared up back. Than you can do any thing you want to😎- so I had done for mounting my Motscope Speedo! It works!

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK, the easiest way you can go for this "speedo problem" is - you can mount them from below the yoke, screws upside down. By this you get the position of the older Typs like M900, - there's no much you can do more with the OEM Paneel But otherwise, if you want to change the speedo at all, - it's no big deal! You just have to eliminate the Immobilizer inside the ECU - for example by Rexxer, Motec or any of those Wire Wizards, by shipping to them and get the whole thing(ECU) cleared up back. Than you can do any thing you want to- so I had done for mounting my Motscope Speedo! It works!
You can also turn off immobilizer using tuneecu and guzzidiag. I did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
@GinTonic i would add another red monster to my garage if my wife would let me. I am aware of the ability to unlock the immobilizer, but the ecu on the bike doesn’t have the code card. I do have a spare set with code card but I’m not sure if the ecu is done or needs a reflash. This is another reason why I’m not sure about sending it off for someone to do it for $500. I spent so many hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my bike recently and it ended up being the ecu. Now that it is running smooth and I’m daily riding; I am hesitant to start tearing the bike apart again.

I really don’t mind the headlight fairing look myself and I understand I may be crucified for saying it. I feel that at least the S4RS had a headlight fairing originally so I shouldn’t be kicked out of the forum yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
👍.. Yeah or this way!
@GinTonic i would add another red monster if my wife would let me. I am aware of the ability to unlock the immobilizer, but the ecu on the bike doesn’t have the code card. I do have a spare set with code card but I’m not sure if the ecu is done or needs a reflash. I spent so many hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my bike recently and it ended up being the ecu. Now that it is running smooth and I’m daily riding; I am hesitant to start tearing the bike apart again. I really don’t mind the headlight fairing look myself and I understand I may be crucified for saying it. I feel that at least the S4RS had a headlight fairing originally so I shouldn’t be kick out of the forum yet.
A Fearing up on the Face of a "truly" Monster isn't the End of all Days! Dude😁- it is just my opinion that it looks more beauty without,.. know what I mean? I did often in more than 20 Years of Monster Customizing Things that other people would send me to Jail for! 😆
For Example: My 1998 "Predator" Project based on a M900 , pumped up to 964cc,39er FCR Flatsides, fully Ported, cosworth pistons, Carillo rods, full Akra - damn Beast, winning the European Monster Contest and so on.. But !.. A whole bunch of Ducatisti nearly want to lynch me for those "Sakrileg" I did with the Headlamps! 😠🤣(they are origin from a MZ Mastiff, German made Tracker style of this ara).. but thangs heaven It wasn't possible for me to join the FIRST WDW 98, just my bike was there with a friend and his workshop team for displaying. Myself was stationed in Croatia for the 1.SFOR Mission😜.. no time for discussions with the angry crowd🤣

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
@Franky992 that is a pretty sick looking bike. We will definitely see what the future holds for the headlight fairing, but I am hearing what your spitting. I would change the turn signals and rear tail light but Hawaii is pretty strict on inspections.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oha!.. be sure Dude, - Germany also😩.. but meanwhile I give a "****" on what this damned restrictions says - I served over 20 years in the Army for my Country, sometimes in not the gentelst places out there, buts OK so far-my decision, my family tradition told me. If they will make problems, so far let's look😎.. My point of view:It's my right to ride, as I want to!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
@Franky992 Ah the Soldier side; 17 plus years in the Army and counting myself. I just wonder how many years we have left riding motorcycles that use petrol. I can always put back on parts to pass an inspection and take them off I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Already kinda knew this was a thing for 2006 and 2007 with the metal headlight bucket. Just wanted to make sure before I paid for the adapter ring.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
@Franky992 where did you get your headlight brackets from? I can’t seem to find any that are large enough to go around my ohlins. I am looking at what I would like it to look like in the front if I removed the headlight fairing. I would have to remove the stock headlight bracket to lower the speedometer. And I also would like to lower the headlight if I did that as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Franky992 where did you get your headlight brackets from? I can’t seem to find any that are large enough to go around my ohlins. I am looking at what I would like it to look like in the front if I removed the headlight fairing. I would have to remove the stock headlight bracket to lower the speedometer. And I also would like to lower the headlight if I did that as well.
That's a good idea at all!
OK, the brackets I actually use came from MICRON, a Manufactory in the Southwest State BADEN WURTENBERG of Germany. Website is micronsystems. de or powercomander. de- you will find nearly the same items by LSL Motorrad Technik. Both are adjustable for dif. Headlights. I am not sure, but believe that MOTO MILLION provides those Brands in your Country. The parts are available spec. for the FG 43 ÖHLINS Fork for the S4Rs.
Regrets from Germany
Frank

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
The new led headlight was installed yesterday after the spacer bracket arrived. Pretty easy install and looks good too. I put LED bulbs all around and surprisingly didn’t need the resistors I ordered. The bulbs flash at the normal rate and I’m not sure if that is because the headlight flashers are tied in and it’s adding a load. One of these days I’ll try and get a walk around video.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am with you,.. the mirror problem is the great Elephant in the room-but,you can get'em- the origin Design Idea was simple clear:"Push that Front down far as you can!" - it has to stand like a angry 🦏Razorback-than afterward the Tank filler has to be the highest point- behind this it goes down again and than just slight up to the rear🤪-, perfect Line.. Like the Silhouette of a beautiful woman, lying on a mediterranen Beach in a bright clear Summer night touched by the Moonlight 😎-the mirrors must hang(upside down) View attachment 226581 View attachment 226582
Franky, is the white stripe on your carbon mudguard a sticker/decal if so could you send me the details of the supplier, great looking bike

101 - 116 of 116 Posts