Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I have a 2006 S2R800 that was having intermittent fuel pump issues that was making me crazy. I did the same repair to the flange that monster.orgy did. After I dug out the epoxy with a small flat blade screwdriver and a lobster pick (I'm from New England, that's how we roll) I found that 3 of the 4 wires fell out of their original solder. I cleaned them up and did a proper soldering job, poured a little JB Kwik weld into it, reassembled the flange after about 20 minutes, put the bike back together, and put fuel in it after a couple of hours. Runs like a champ now! The repair is super easy. I could probably do the whole job again in about 40 minutes if I had to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I have a 2006 S2R800 that was having intermittent fuel pump issues that was making me crazy. I did the same repair to the flange that monster.orgy did. After I dug out the epoxy with a small flat blade screwdriver and a lobster pick (I'm from New England, that's how we roll) I found that 3 of the 4 wires fell out of their original solder. I cleaned them up and did a proper soldering job, poured a little JB Kwik weld into it, reassembled the flange after about 20 minutes, put the bike back together, and put fuel in it after a couple of hours. Runs like a champ now! The repair is super easy. I could probably do the whole job again in about 40 minutes if I had to.
Did you figured it out by yourself or somebody guided you? I have the same problem, didn't start my chanpion for 3 months, a friend of mine said that the problem may be because of the pump, but the pump works well. I wait for a parcel for my bike it is a fuel pump.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts