Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, Zaino is an amazing product for the Ducati. Mr. Digital dave me the 411 on this product, and I must say it shines so much better than just wax. I am just amazed how deep the paint looks, for that matter the carbon as well.

Truely outstanding !!

thanks again digital - who out bid me on a Ohlins shock on ebay !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used Zaino for years. People are amazed when they find out my cages aren't custom painted and that the shine is only from polish. The spray detailer works super well if you haven't tried it.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I was just gonna ask that!!! Thanks scooby!! ;D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
How 'bout more specifics. There are a lot of products on that site.

Exactly which one(s) did you have such success with?

·
Registered
44 Posts
What do you guys use to clean a Dark? I want the bike clean, but not shiny, since the Dark finish is not supposed to shine...

So I think I would need to stay away from wax and that sort of stuff, right?

DUCky

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How 'bout more specifics. There are a lot of products on that site.

Exactly which one(s) did you have such success with?
Assuming your paint is in good condition, firtst you strip the wax and then apply Z1 followed by Z2 or Z3. ZFX helps speed the process up (normal cure times for the initial application will take most of the day). Follow the Zaino application techniques to the Tee and you will be amazed at the results. Afterwards, Z6 is a great detailer.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Z&Category_Code=APPLICATION

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, I've got 4 layer on it.. gonna shoot for about 10 if I can. each night, I put a layer on, wipe off when dry, then repply. Stuff is great. The only thing I notice is the imperfections in the paint more so now. Little tiny things I did not see before seem to come out when up close, but man, I tell you, the grey is looking really deep like never before.

p.s. I am in no way affiliated, and I paid full price for this product.

Gonna try to set up my car with this weekend.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You guys are funny, I was on another site and a guy was boasting about his 14 layer polish.
Me I have one, wax on wax off thats it.. looks good, maquires polish and BOOM your done.
;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
don't diss it till you try it. I was all about maguiers until I finally gave in and tried it out.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
You guys forgot one step, claybar...
I washed my 98 when I bought it this last summer and then claybar'd it. I pull off a bunch of red overspray that wasn't really visible. Then 4 coats of polish. Bugs come right off.

I use the Zaino on my cages (one is a show car) too and can't tell you how well it works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts