Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked for a thread covering this and have not come up with anything.

I am considering a Zard exhaust for my new S2R1000 (between the Zard and the full Termi setup). However, I am concerned (unlike some I on the DML I am sure) about the sound level of the exhaust (rated at 102db). It *may* be OK at that level, but I suspect that on longer rides I will like to have it quieter as would my neighbours (all the time). Unfortunately the Zard does not come with removable db killers. I have corresponded with Anthony at Loudbike and apparently Zard also makes an 80 db version of the exhaust which he can get - but this quieter exhaust version is achieved without removable db killers again. So I face a decision of 80 db (definitely too quite) or 102 db (probably too loud) -when I would rather have the option of 80 OR 102 db - or IDEALLY somewhere around 90 db!

This thread is not to debate the sound level of the exhaust - but to see if anyone out there with Zard exhaust has fitted aftermarket (or custom fabricated) db killers to their cans.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
If you want to see PeteB's pics you could send him pm (pics attached to posts turn into red x's after a time). His pics clearly showed a ring running around the inside of the exhaust hole which is the baffle.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Wanwo said:
If you want to see PeteB's pics you could send him pm (pics attached to posts turn into red x's after a time). His pics clearly showed a ring running around the inside of the exhaust hole which is the baffle.
Sorry guys - My hard drive crashed and I hadn't backed up those pictures.
Wtih hind sight I feel that I could have just removed the set screw and pulled the baffles out.
I don't think they're too loud with the baffles out. No complaints from the neigbors, but they're used to my 900SS with a cored exhaust. With them in they are just a touch louder than stock

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think the ones with the baffles are rated at 89 db. Mine with the 102 db's are definitely tame compared to most aftermarket like Arrow, FBF, etc. but I do get a lot of compliments from other riders who happened to be riding behind me, saying the sound is awesome. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, based on the thread that Wanwo provided a link to it sounds like 89 db is the rating...

Desmo: Where did you get your Zards from? Did you specifically as for the 89 db version?

PeteB: Same question, did you ask for the 89 db version, or are those just what you happened to be shipped?

Trying to figure out where to order from that might actually have them in stock for the S2r1000.

Tx.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Duc8tisti said:
Yeah, based on the thread that Wanwo provided a link to it sounds like 89 db is the rating...

Desmo: Where did you get your Zards from? Did you specifically as for the 89 db version?

PeteB: Same question, did you ask for the 89 db version, or are those just what you happened to be shipped?

Trying to figure out where to order from that might actually have them in stock for the S2r1000.

Tx.
I didn't ask for either because I was told that they would come with removalable baffles - which they did. I live near Section 8 (R.I.P.), so I was able to stop in and discuss my options. I orignally going to go the Termi, ECU route but was told that it wasn't available anymore. Since all that has happened with Section 8, I wonder if that was really the case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.