Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone had a suit made by Z-custom (Huntington Beach Ca.)?
comments / opinions / stories / rumors ?

G

·
What do they charge for a full leather suit? w/ armor ect ect... i can't find prices on their website, and I don't see the point in purchasing a catalog just to figure this out. TIA

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well, taking the time to get properly fitted is kinda the idea behind getting custom leathers, no? And whoever thinks studded gloves make good motorcycle gloves (or serve any purpose at all other than to convey a tough image on a balmy night in West Hollywood) doesn't deserve anybody's sympathy anyway ;)

But seriously, I agree on the ho-hum quality of Master Z's boots and gloves, even if Lee Parks swears by the former. Their suits are nice though, and even though I like Vanson and Syed just as much I'll stick with Z once I'm ready for a one-piece for all the reasons mentioned in my first post. And the fact that they're fairly local to me is a nice bonus as well, of course.

-R.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
No... Only Zooni Leathers in San Jose, and I actually am having another set custom done... I have been using the first pair so much and love them I need a new set for the summer season :)

G

·
Look up Barnacle Bill form nowhereville KY... He may be from the sticks but he can sure make a great suit.. one piece or two... usually under $1000 unless you want some custom designs etc..

G

·
i had a race suit made last year by z custom. the fit is excelent, the customer service was great, and the cost with the aditional back protector was around 1400 dollars. some may say its a little pricey, but when your 6'4'' its well worth it. if your closer to average height/build you can save some cash by going off the rack but nothing fits like a custom suit :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts