Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background information here: http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=505249&posted=1#post505249 with references to the original posting on BARF.

Basically, there was an anti-lane splitting article in the Contra Costa Times and they've asked for a vote as to whether or not it should be allowed in California. You should read the original article, or at least the wording of the poll, then vote as you see fit (I wouldn't want to tell you how to vote ;D ).

They might find out that the motorcycle community has become organized for this, which would make an interesting followup article.

Edit:
I think the area motorcyclists have made their point. I still need to figure out where that article was in the Times, since I receive that paper.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Re: Your vote is needed, today!

Thanks for the heads-up Scott! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
973 Posts

One vote placed here. It would be rather annoying to lose lane-splitting after such a short time spent enjoying it. 8)
(Well that and it's bound to annoy the article writer if the over-whelming majority tells 'em to stuff it [cheeky])

·
Registered
684 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.

As of this post the count is 100 in favor of lane splitting, and 21 against.

·
Registered
556 Posts

381 to keep it legal and 45 against!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

As of this morning (when I discovered I get another vote on my home system >:D ) there were 529 votes with 51 of those against. I would love to see the author when she first sees those results.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

This morning !

Yep 526 (90%) ..... 58 (10%) Nope

;)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

what kind of voting machines are they using?
In the 1:45 between SRNs post and BDs post, yes lost 3 votes and no gained 7.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

toolfan said:
what kind of voting machines are they using?
In the 1:45 between SRNs post and BDs post, yes lost 3 votes and no gained 7.
My post showed total and against, not for and against. Probably a bad move on my part, since it later confused me as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts

760 Keep it legal
79 Make it illegal

Why are they even keeping this up? It's obvious lanesplitting will be kept legal. Besides the convenience, I thought it was necessary since some motorcycles are air cooled and need to be in motion for that - since there is no fan to cool off the engine like in a car.

Some hummer/suv gas vampire brat is just bitter after eating all the lanesplitters' dust ::)

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

Voted. [thumbsup] I can't believe I actually had to take time out of my day to defend this.

Stupid people really piss me off. ::)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Voted! It's a no brainer - way more likely to get rear ended than doored or swiped when splitting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts