Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday morning, before I went for a ride I took some time to paint my windshield. I've done it to my Fz1 and really like it so I dug around the garage found my plastics paint and went to work yesterday.

First I went out on the web and found picture of the desmo valve system.

I scaled it so it would fit within my windshield, and then I printed it out. Then I cut it out and made myself a stencil. Then I grabbed some two sided tape and covered the back side of the stencil, which I then I had cut all the excess tape off of. This took a lot longer than you'd think, a small pair of sissors and/or razor blade and patience.

Next I taped that stencil to the back of my field, and taped off the front of the shield to prevent any accidental over spray. I went out back and put on 3 coats of satin black paint. Once those were dry, I took my stencil back off and put another coat or two on of matte black paint.

At this point I was tired and ready to ride, so I took both bikes out to stretch their legs. Man it was nice to get out, only got up to 60 but hey I've been riding to work in 35 weather for the last two weeks, so 60 is a nice welcome.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is what the shield looks like now. It turned out real nice, and I still have my second shield from my Monster Art Kit so if I ever want a non painted one again I can always put it back on.

I wanted to see how the stencil I created, and idea I had in my head turned out. I wasn't really looking for this to make a huge splash (like it doesn't in the first pic), so I walked over to the light in the kitchen to see how my idea had turned out.

Boommmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Man I couldn't believe it, that's how I wanted it to look in my head but wasn't real sure if it would work or not. Now basically if the sun hits it at the right angle it should show up! Sweet!!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics.

Here's the only problem I found. With either skin on, you get this piece that blocks the light, I think it'll be more of a problem with the black skins?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts