Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cruising thru the boards and been looking at different mods done on members rides. I can't ride mine due to the weather so I'm going to start doing some mods myself. (some needed and some wanted) . Why don't we have a Best Mods Contest on our board so us Winter beaten riders can see and vote on who's got the One Best Mod ? [clap]. It would help others get inspired and customize one of the best bikes on the planet! Monster owners unite!. OK let me get off the podium now...If anything, I'd like to see the hundreds of different mods out there in this world so I can get ideas of my own(or copy [cheeky]). I can't get to these Monster Challenges , so this would be the next best thing. So whatta ya say fellas [thumbsup]
Harry

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are some small ones to start off. they are simple DIY and cheap!.. the sprocket cover is the stock plastic cut out and sprayed with bedliner paint and baked. Tail light lens is a little nostalgic, but hey it works for me. The pic with the damper is just to show that I installed the damper on the the verticle bar with a nut-sert instead of the supplied clamp (the clamp would not fit the thicker bar on the newer gen frames) I thought that was a cleaner factory look IMHO.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If we're looking at possible DIY projects here's a clutch cover mod that could be done at home.

Cut up and polished stocker clutch cover. The final product was powder coated with a 'candy' powder to match some other parts with the same treatment

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
Take your pick.
Custom Pipes.

Custom Dash.

Custom Lights. And Windscreen.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sure are as long as you don't start the bike.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hanjin, the pic of your quad lights shows what appear to be some kind of L.E.D. turn signals. Am I right? you have a better pic of those?

·
Registered
783 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
Hanjin, the pic of your quad lights shows what appear to be some kind of L.E.D. turn signals. Am I right? you have a better pic of those?
Yes they are LED signals made by a Canadian company.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love those!. do they light bright enough during the day? what did they run? This is the kind of **** I wanna see [thumbsup]

·
Registered
783 Posts
They work alright during the day. They run about 180.00 for a set of four.

·
Registered
783 Posts
pompetta said:
I think those are from Watsen Design LEDs (http://www.watsendesign.com/). I have a pair on my Bandit.
Yup. That's where I got them from. I've been shopping there ever since they opened. My brother has a set of their old LEDs on his speed 3.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I installed a red LED inside the headlamp just for shits and giggles when I park. I plan to add another 3 inside to give off a hue of red when riding.
also a pic of the MPL tuning pressure plate off of Ebay. clutch cover off my neighbors 748. Dunno brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
I installed a red LED inside the headlamp just for shits and giggles when I park. I plan to add another 3 inside to give off a hue of red when riding.
also a pic of the MPL tuning pressure plate off of Ebay. clutch cover off my neighbors 748. Dunno brand.
Careful with the forward facing red light while riding. Not sure if it's legal or not in your area, but not here or Cali...

·
Registered
783 Posts
howlingbanshee said:
Hanjin love that dash was it hard to fit?
It came with brackets. The hard thing was the wiring.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts