Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i'm just about to send my bike into the ducati shop (on monday) and i'm getting a couple of simple things done. firstly installing cycle cat under-triple clip-ons. so top triple off, and controls switched over etc. then i'm having the 14T front sprocket installed too (yeah!).

So what i'm wondering, as all this is charged on a per hour basis, how long do you think it would take a switched on mechanic to do the job?

thanks everyone. andy.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I'd say an hour or two max. The problem is that sometimes the routing of the wires for the clipons can be a real PITA to get right, that can certainly take a little longer to get sorted.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Those are both fairly simple mods to do, you should take a crack at it youself! Cyclecats are even easier cause they're drilled out for you. Otherwise no more 2 hours at the very very slowest.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
goldenchild said:
Those are both fairly simple mods to do, you should take a crack at it youself! Cyclecats are even easier cause they're drilled out for you. Otherwise no more 2 hours at the very very slowest.
+1 give it a go.

David B.

·
Registered
56 Posts
championsound said:
hello, i'm just about to send my bike into the ducati shop (on monday) and i'm getting a couple of simple things done. firstly installing cycle cat under-triple clip-ons. so top triple off, and controls switched over etc. then i'm having the 14T front sprocket installed too (yeah!).

So what i'm wondering, as all this is charged on a per hour basis, how long do you think it would take a switched on mechanic to do the job?

thanks everyone. andy.
I had both of those done recently. Probably 2 hours.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Definitely no more than 2 hours. Ask them. I think one of our local shop quotes 1 or 1.5 hrs for clipons and relocating everything and checking it and less than .5 hr for a 14T.

But seriously, take a crack at it if you have even the most basic set of tools. It seems much more intimidating than it is. You just need to unscrew some bolts and then screw them back in. If you get stuck, the DML will walk you through the process. And you'll feel much more comfortable with simple wrenching on your bike.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i'd normally be keen to get amongst myself, but i currently have no garage where i live, so i'd be working on the footpath, and i don't have a stand or anything, so messing with the triple seems a bit much. rather not risk dropping the bike or anything dumb like that.

thanks all, the guy at the shop reckoned a couple of hours total so that seems about right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.