Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 yo daughter is almost big enough to try and outfit with womens XS gear. In some things she could even use a Small jacket and get an extra season or two out of it.

I'd like to find some leathers that won't swallow her up so that if we ever get an opportunity to put her on a track on her YSR 50, or riding on back with me in 2-up track sessions, we'll be ready.

Anyone have a line on XS or S leathers or even good ballistic textile gear? I've been checking on newenough.com and Ebay and found some near matches, but nothing exactly right yet.

Naturally, I don't want to sink a fortune into custom made since she doesn't need them all the time and will be growing for another 5 yrs or so.

Ideas??

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
The topic of leathers for shorter individuals came up at one of our local SFBMHA dinner meetings... I think Vanson makes leathers for children. They're about 1/2 the cost of adult leathers. You should call and ask them about it though because they don't advertise it on their website. Might want to email "Uncle Duck" from the SFBMHA website. I don't know his email offhand but he's the one who told me about the leathers. I think he might be on the DML roster as well.

Daffe

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a couple of good leads. Thanks Daffe :D

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
You might also check with La Moto Vita - they are a local (SF Bay) shop that specializes in women's gear, and might have some smaller sizes available.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I've read that there are exchanges for used kids riding gear.

Anyone know of one/some?

My 11 year old has been riding with me, but I would like her to have proper gear.

My boys turn 8 in January, the age I told them they'd be able to ride with me. Same thing; I'd like them protected but I can't see buying new gear that they can only wear for a season. None of the kids is going to get a LOT of seat time on the Monster. That will have to wait until I can get my wife to let me buy a sport tourer!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for all the inputs, everyone. Right in the middle of calling around and checking some of the sources, I picked up on a Spidi Hook 2-piece set in Womens Small. Got it on Ebay for the opening bid which was a little less than a third of retail (new from a major dealer!) ;D Even cooler is that they are a pretty close match for my Dainese DP outfit in colors and pattern.

The top half will probably come close to fitting through the shoulders and arms. The bottom half will probably be pretty loose for another season or two - although it looks like my daughter just started another growth spurt and may grow into them even quicker. In any event, I'm sure she will get several seasons out of them (I hope).

Even if they are somewhat baggy at first, it will be better protection than jeans and a jacket.

Now I can't wait until Christmas to see how this gamble on the size works out. And she doesn't have a clue she's getting them. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts