Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Which of these should I do? (see attached photos)

• None. Keep it stock silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Bike V1 - All Black

• John Bike V2 - Red Bars, Black horizontal

• John Bike V3 - Comb Red and Black

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Help me choose the color for my swing arm! More info...I have a black rear sprocket coming and DID chain. My local powder coater can do color combos like these without a hassle.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
they all look good
but i especially like the flat black
somehow the diagonal reinforcements almost look like bones
kinda goth and morbid but how about making it flat black and white bones and little drips of red holding it together?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
781 Posts
Version 3. Looks like a strand of machine DNA or something like that.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
goldenchild said:
Why not do it red to match the frame?

If not I'd go with all black.
This is my vote too. Pompetta's job looks killer (and I'm not even wild about the red frames- no offense meant to any red riders!!!!)!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I know this is sort of off topic, but everyone take a little time and just appreciate the artistry in design of that swingarm. if it were up to me (which it is, ill never paint mine) i would leave it silver. along with the forks, the swingarm looks to me like a bare bio-mechanical bone extending from the sinewy and flesh wrapped torso of the bike.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
CliveS2R said:
... the swingarm looks to me like a bare bio-mechanical bone extending from the sinewy and flesh wrapped torso of the bike.
then it ought to be dripping blood red, eh? ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.