Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

You have GOT to be kidding??????

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Paul D 
#1 ·
I saw this article today in USA Today, not ONE mention of the Monster or Ducati at all!
You have to be kidding, and I quote from the photos section of the article "Buell has led the trend toward naked motorcycles" Yea and Al Gore invented the internet.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-03-30-naked-bikes_x.htm
It's as if Ducati Monsters don't even exist or even the Ducati brand for that matter. Somehow we seem to get left out of alot of articles.
I'd rather pull the motor out of my Ducati and pedal it through the canyons than ride a Muell. ;)
Buell led the "trend".......... RIGGHHTTT. Keep dreaming! HD must have pictures of a few motorcycle journalists in compromising positions.

#7 ·
"Japanese makers have only recently joined the naked bike scene behind makers like Buell and Triumph"

Yeah, right! The Honda Hawk GT was one hell of a naked bike in the late 80's to early 90's. A v-twin 650 with a single side swingarm well before the speed triple or muell.

Fun on the track too.

#9 ·
What's a Yamaha Z1? Do they mean FZ1?
It's an R1 without any ucking airings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.