Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took it out for a quick ride today and it's nice. The sound is freakin mean. My only question is the normal operating temp. the gauge red 206. Wondering if his is where she should be at, it was running fine and all any input? Yeah, I'll probably have a few more questions in the future .....

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Righteous! 620 Dark is the bomb! be sure to put up some pics when you get a chance.

203 is normal after running it for awhile so I wouldn't be concerned about that. Mine hovers around 220 for extended rides.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats! [clap] We need pictures.
Your operating temp will vary considerably. Don't even worry about it. Just let it warm up until you see an actual temp instead of just "LO". Then ride the p!ss out of it!
The hottest I ever saw was about 280 or so, on a hot summer night in traffic. It's air cooled....just ride it and forget it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congratulations! It's an Air Cooled motor so 200 deg is nothing to worry about. Summer time it's going to get a lot warmer. Enjoy!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Congrats! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] Mine usually runs about 240 but like it has been said, wait till the 'Lo' stops blinking on the temp gauge and you are good to go. Enjoy, you got yourself a sweet bike.

·
Registered
541 Posts
no worries until the temp gets over 300.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will post pics when I figure out how...not the most computer savy guy on the planet. Did a longer ride yesterday, and am in love with the bike. Still learning it, sure it will be a while, and the sound, I'm a rockstar on the streets here. Some guy at a light looks back and goes 'damn thats a nice bike" He asks, "how much you pay?" I go 2.5 million He's like how fast does it go I respond at least 450mph He laughs and says that thing is freakin cool man.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
glazed!

bikes don't exist w/o donuts! I mean, pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
8)I own a Multistrada 620 . I realize the bikes are somewhat different but not the engines.
I am 6'2'' and weigh 240 and it gets down the road real fine. To me it has the power in all the right places. It's true there are other 600 cc and 650 cc bikes out there that would probably take us in a quarter mile but that matters little since that is not what we are doing out there on the roads.
There is less down shifting or upshifting than bikes like the Yam FZ6 and Kaw 650R or the Suz SV650 . The torque curve is so flat . It is such an intellently engeneered motor. Better components also. Forks , shocks etc..

Congrats and enjoy
Damien712 [clap]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just wanna shout out for the newest 620D. Congrats and welcome to the funny farm [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2 Posts
:)Factorplay just to reassure you about the heat . Truly 203 degrees F is a low tempature usually. I have a 620 Multistrada , I live in Ok. City and in the summers our afternoon temps are regularly in the upper 90's low 100's. On the highway at 80 mph my engine temp is usually around 220-240. But in the city especially stop and go it gets up there sometimes a little past 300 degrees. The Ducati mechanic at our dealership said no problemo as long as you change that oil every 3000 and use synthetic oil for motorcycles. So that's what I do.
I only have 3800 miles on mine . I bought it last April and just had a knee operation. I was hoping to have 6000 mile service done in April. Right now it is in the 40's which is a little cold for me . I do have a plug installed on my MTS 620 for my electric heated jacket liner so hopefully my knee will be strong enough and the weather a little warmer cause I am just really wanting to ride my Duc...
Best wishes and ride safe, have fun!

Damien712

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah, when i got my monster i had to 're-learn' the guages. i was used to seeing temps below 200º. i had to keep telling myself, 'oil temp, not water temp.'

one ride i let my buddy jason ride it. he pulled beside me on the highway flagging me down. we pulled over and he was pointing at the temp guage freaking out. i just laughed and reminded him that was oil temp. he felt pretty stupid but i did appreciate him looking at the gauges while riding my bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts