Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering for the people who use mobile 1 , do they use the automtive or the motorcycle mobile 1? Also , I noticed alot of the motorcycle oils claim they don't use friction modifiers due to wet clutches what effect does the automotive oils have on the wet clutches?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Re: Yes, another oil question mobile one and clutc

i have used both automotive and the triumph blend they recomend, yeah no difference at all in clutch performance. don't let anyone sell the $12 a quart mobil over the $4 automotive blend.

X

·
0 Posts

I have always used Mobil 1 automotive in all my cars and bikes, never a problem. Can't really comment on the clutch though.

·
Registered
829 Posts

The experience at ThumperTalk (A forum for Yamaha WRs and YZs and other offroad instruments) is that one version of the 15-50 Mobil One with the red cap does not have the suspect friction modifiers and works fine with wet clutches. Go to your favorite store and peruse the cans, look at the the symbols and you will notice that the red cap oil symbol is different and does not have the the low friction additives. Doesn't work with other weight oils from Mobil One, even if they have a red cap, so beware. Check the symbols. Been using it for a while on my wet clutch WR and have no complaints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts