Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos of my final and favorite kit. I am sure I will buy more kits in future...the look on people's faces when I change colors is priceless.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Sweet! That was my second choice when I got my orange kit. Where you the guy that got the orange or blue kit as well a few weeks ago?

Have you seen some of the new kits they just came out with for the 796? Apparently they'll fit the 696 and 1100's too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New kits won't be available in US for few more months. As such there is only one kit I liked from the lot i.e. the Ducati Corse. I think rest are pretty lame, I understand the retro heritage aspect but they don't do much for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have also thought about upgrading the exhaust. I will have to admit that I do like the stock exhaust sound, but the look is very simple. I feel that OEM exhaust do not have the real Ducati sound which I have started to like a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reminds me of the RZ 350 I had in high school

I loved that bike with the Kenny Roberts replica paint. Yellow and black is a good look.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still have to remove those frame stickers ! ;)
I did think about your previous comment while I was taking photos :D but I am still in the rev limit. Once the rev limit is lifted I am treating this bike different. That bring up a good question, do I really need to follow the 2500 km (1200 miles) - 8k rev limit? I am at 750 miles...I still have good 1 month of riding left otherwise.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My wife did on her brand new 696 and everything was fine on both of her two first services.

I would defenetly hold up 'till you're good to go. But have no scientific argument to produce though ...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got 15% off the MSRP which was $700 for each kit + sales tax. It takes about 20 minutes first time, 15 after that. This time can be considerably reduced if you have a nice wife who will give you a helping hand. However the problem is my wife and I started changing the kit with good intentions but we ended up arguing for 15 minutes in the middle. So the total kit change time turned to 30 minutes the last time.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Flashy yellow...I dig it.

I should get the Corse skins in a week or so. Once they're installed, I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sweet! That was my second choice when I got my orange kit. Where you the guy that got the orange or blue kit as well a few weeks ago?

Have you seen some of the new kits they just came out with for the 796? Apparently they'll fit the 696 and 1100's too.
New kits won't be available in US for few more months. As such there is only one kit I liked from the lot i.e. the Ducati Corse. I think rest are pretty lame, I understand the retro heritage aspect but they don't do much for me.
Gondolier is offline Report Post

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like that yellow. The only thing about the 796 is the frame is red. I think a lot of those colors only work with the black frame.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts