Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life is suddenly looking up. After about 3 weeks of bikelessness I should have my beastie back on Friday. Basically a 12K service, fork rework + tach repair turned into a 12K service, chain & sprocket repair, valve replacement, fork rework and tach repair. The longest part was the stupid tach repair - it had a cracked plastic cover and the tach itself was loose in the housing. Palo Alto speedometer had it forever and I was beginning to get pissed about it, but heard today they were shipping back to the shop.

I've been so long off the thing I feel like I have to go back to do another MSF course! Oh, and get a second mortgage to pay the service :-/

·
Registered
99 Posts
The good news: there's almost always a week of great weather in February that reminds us of why we live around here. A few days when the long, cold, lonely winter turns to... SPRING BREAK! You, sir, will be ready. I guess it's your turn to lead a group ride. 8)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think the weather's supposed to be nice this weekend. I'd be up for a ride. It's great to hear you're finally getting it back.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Life is suddenly looking up. After about 3 weeks of bikelessness I should have my beastie back on Friday.
Heh - I've just ended about 18 months of Monster-less-ness...

I've been riding my H*nda around for the last year and a half while my Monster mostly sat in the shed waiting for me to get some motivation and some free time to coincide (there is a rant somewhere about why it was in the damned shed in the first place).

In the end, it took getting the H*nda written off while it was parked outside a bar to force me into finishing off the Monster (theres a rant brewing about that one too!)

Now I've been riding it for the last 3 days and I'm _kicking) myself for not having done it sooner!

(and in a spectacular display of bad timing, I'm going away on Saturday for a few weeks, so I'm not even going to get a decent ride in - *BUT* I will be in the "Bay Area" from the 19th till the 22nd, anyone interested in beers at Zeigiest or something?)

big

1 - 5 of 5 Posts