Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boobies

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of upgrading my rotors and at first liked the Braketech CMC rotors that kopfjager is sporting, but mejebus over a grand each. I've first found the Galfer wave rotors and the ABM Peak EVO which I liked. I think I finally found the ones I like but have never heard of them - the Yana Shiki Full Floating Wave rotor.

Does anybody have any knowledge on these? If you were about to buy a set which would you get?

The Yana Shiki Rotors:

The Braketechs:

The Galfers:

The ABMs:

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Those are REALLY cool looking!!!
I've never heard of them so I did some research and couldn't find many good comments about them. Fit, finish, and weight were all critizied. But........they are still REALLY cool looking.

·
Registered
635 Posts
drkmojo,
looking for looks and braking power or braking power with looks?
as i've stated somewhere regardng my rebuild, my bike has the 300mm rotors and have replaced them with 300mm ebc ones and ebc hh sintered pads, night day difference compared to oem. want to replace to 320mm and due to exoerience, i'll most probably go with ebc contour rotors and/or galfer ones; althouogh on chris from cacycleworks recommendations, i could also go the braketech route... at times, too much goodies, make decission making way too hard...
my 0.02

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Carlos,

Yeah, I want to improve braking performance while at the same time improve the looks. I thought that simply changing rotors could do this (I'm not very mechanically inclined) but it seems that I am going to want to do an all around brake system upgrade and will have to do a lot more research until I make my final decision on which equipment I will upgrade to.

Cheers,
John

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
It's all ductile these days. The breakage days are pretty much gone.

·
Registered
635 Posts
so pretty much all the 'bla bla bla xxx yxz' steel alloy is just marketing? or ???

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
There are a lot of different alloys used and I don't know what they are, but most are some variation of stainless.
I stopped experimenting years ago and either use stock or iron.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts