Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
i have it and it works great. Ken at www.evoluzione.net is currently retailing them for about $100 under dealer cost.

edited to add: hmmm, now that i look at it again, it would seem that they're selling the "consumer" version for $199, which is about half what the "normal" version costs. i'm not sure what the difference is.

and yes, it uses the same "diag" that the mathesis tool uses.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I emailed the company some months ago about this. The response is below. It does look like Ken is selling the "Single User" version(s) at a substantial discount to the manufacturer.

Dear Tom,

Yes the software tool can be used on your bike. It is the same tool used by dealers.

The MDT2001 run on Windows Operating System or Palm OS. The price for the Windows version is $499 + shipping.

The price for the Palm OS is $289.

Both software version gives the same end result. They are very easy to used. With these tools you will not need to go to a dealer again.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to call or e-mail.

Best Regards
Giamberto scaccia

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 10:01 AM
Subject: MDST2001

Hello,

I have a 2002 Ducati S4 Monster.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
No, I didn't buy it. Couldn't justifiy $499 for the Windows version, or $289 plus a Palm.

Although evoluzione.net's price makes me want to think about it some more. Need to find out what the diff is between the two versions. Not really sure what "Single User" means. If the consumer version could be used on more than just one bike, I'd be more interested.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
this whole thing looks like the manufacturer is trying to be "cute" with the market place and screw over shops that use the tools. i can't imagine how anything attached to the DIAG port could differentiate between different bikes. thus, the single "tool" should be able to work on a person's fleet of injected ducatis.

when i initially talked to technoreasearch about it, they said they were going to offer comsumer version which didn't completely perform all the tests. what it would do is perform them, but not tell the exact result and just say that there was a problem and that you should go to a dealer (who has the more expensive version).

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
So I sent emails; both to technoresearch and evoluzione. So far, only evoluzione has replied. Interesting that evoluzione can offer the PC version 60% under what technoreasearch quoted me (I have asked technoreasearch for their current price). Spreading the cost between a couple similar bikes, it sounds like a very useful product. I also asked for the price of the "Professiona/Dealer" version in a reply to evoluzione.

I wonder what use, if any, "full datalogging capabilities" would be to the "consumer"? (it's not clear if this is the same thing that technoreasearch calls "data recording capability")

tom,

thanks for writing. the difference between the two versions is that the "single user" only comes with the cable and software needed for that particular ecu. it can be used on as many of those ecu's as you have (so your friends can share it with you). the "professional" version comes with the software and cables for all of the ducati ecu's. it also has full datalogging capabilities (helpful on dynos and for track use).

at this time, the software is only available in the palm & windows 95/98/2000/xp o.s..

regards,

ken zeller
president - evoluzione.net, inc.
http:\\www.evoluzione.net

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 4:02 PM
Subject: MDST Diagontic Software questions

Hello,

I am interested in the MDST Diagnostic Software.

Questions: what exactly are the differences between the "Dealer" and the "Single-user" versions? Does

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
ok, so i talked with Giamberto Scaccia of techno research today and got "the scoop".

yes, the single ecu version aka the consumer version is almost as good as the "dealer" or multi version. the two differences are the aforementioned data logging and the ability to handle multiple ecus.

the $199 price for single ecu and $349 price for multi ecu versions are MSRP. also, technoresearch is offering new in box palm m100s for $80 each. there isn't much margain, so there isn't much room for discounting. if you want "holiday special pricing" then buy some expensive cyclecat part with it and i can arrange for some "hook up".

the dealer version on a palm seems to me to be the way to go. you can hook it up and go for a ride with the data logging and it can help solve intermittent problem. plus, you and some buddies can go in on one together and with just two different types of ECUs, it's a value.

i am now offering these for sale and will call back Giamberto soon to figure out exactly how i'm going to be buying these and in the exact way to configure for the different ecus.

in case it isn't obvious, the PalmOS version will work on any PalmOS device and we're offering the m100 simply as a nice entry level buy in. the m100 has been discontinued by palm, but plenty are still floating around. some even for less than the $80 here... :)

:) chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts