Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just wanted to post here for the MOCHA people and DRILL people that stop by. Hello everyone!!!!!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Is this one of those roll call sorts? I'm not in town. Get home the 21st. Can't wait to ride, and from what I hear, freeze my shwingy off!

·
0 Posts
Yes the Midwest sucks. I can't wait unitl I move to a better climate where the environment matches my hobbies. But the heated gloves are proving beneficial!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Thanks for infusing confidence into my decision to move up to Chicago. :( ;)

I was up there interviewing last week when you had "the earliest snowfall." Nice reception for a guy from North Carolina via Louisiana via India!

·
0 Posts
Well, welcome to Illinois where riders have less time to ride and posers park their bikes outside bars and wing joints!

I'll be riding till the salt hits so if you want a host to some good roads, me and some friends are willing to usher you!

R.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Mocha Lurkin Landshark! [laugh]

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
prince_ruben said:
Well, welcome to Illinois where riders have less time to ride and posers park their bikes outside bars and wing joints!

I'll be riding till the salt hits so if you want a host to some good roads, me and some friends are willing to usher you!

R.
Thanks. I'll definitely drop you a note when I finally get up there.

If it's any consolation, it was 34 degrees in Winston Salem, NC this morning and I cranked up the bike and rode to work. In retrospect, I have to get better gloves but otherwise I was fine in my Tour Master jacket (all-weather) and long-johns under my pants. [laugh]

·
0 Posts
It was 30 this morning when I took off. I had layers on but was still cold! The heated gloves made the ride easier. I think I need some more cold riding gear!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Well, welcome to Illinois where riders have less time to ride and posers park their bikes outside bars and wing joints!... Gotta problem w/ wing joints?

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
yea whats wrong with wing joints and bars. got to stop in for a bite and a brew some time.

Anyway. Sunday and Monday should be good for a ride. This rain has been pissing me off. Normally i don't mind it but when its this cold its worthless to attempt a ride, but I don't have heated grips. :)

·
0 Posts
No way, now problems with wing joints, but overkill is another thing. There's only so much grease I want to lubricate my colon with! [laugh] No offense but Italian restuarants are nice from time to for a Italian bike group.

Fire man, I say def try out the Gerbing heated gloves. I tried all the other shyte, heated grips (the inserts under the grip), BMW grips, heated gloves, bar mitts and all that. The best heated grip award goes to the BMW factory stuff, I wasn't feeling the heated grips that slip under the grip that I had on the monster (they did nothing for Chicago coldness) but the Gerbings alone win hands downs! I had those on with the BMW heated grips, coupled with the hand guards and I was in heaven!

Now on the S4 I only have the Gerbings. I'll let you try them out next time I see you.

R.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wing joints are fine and a beer is fine too. I can count on one hand the # of times Ihave ridden in my life with alcohal in my system. Iwas foolish to do this and Iwill never do it again.

As for the posers Idon't see them... or do I..... >:D

·
0 Posts
Mark....

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
As for the posers Idon't see them... or do I..... >:D

Hey when your mostly of Italian decent, You'd be able to pose w/ the best of 'em! [laugh]

As for getting lit and trying to ride, agreed perhaps an espresso will do.( Ah...the cafe racer!)

Ruben, are you suggesting perhaps that pizza / pasta joint we watched the opening wsbk race at? Tasty it Was!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts