Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my CRG's that I got from MotoWheels, priority-overnight. Fastest thing I've gotten for this bike! ;D

I can't believe how well the visability is. Anyone wondering if they're worth the money: H e l l yes!

Oh well, on to Daytona . . . see you guys there!

(I still need to find those flat aluminum bar end plugs for aluminum bars)

;) jb

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Looking real good!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
You can see alright, but I think the difference manifests itself in the conscious effort you make to look at them, as opposed to quick glances in regular mirrors.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
You can see alright, but I think the difference manifests itself in the conscious effort you make to look at them, as opposed to quick glances in regular mirrors.
I agree completely. In some ways, the CRGs are no better than the stockers. With the stock mirrors, you see nothing but your shoulders... unless you make an effort to move over to see behind you. With the CRG's, you can't even see them in your peripheral vision... unless you think to turn your head and look over.

Either way, you don't have the subconcious awareness of what's around you that I would really like to have.

Given that neither is ideal, I'll take the good looking ones... The CRG's!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey jim how do those sils work with a passenger. I still can't decide low or high and with winter coming i gots to get my a$$ a-workin on some mods.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
JB nice work!!!
Whatcha gonna do with that tail piece sticking out???

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hmm... not sure I'm with you on that one Don. I find my CRGs to be in quite a natural position and I am instinctively aware of what's in them. I agree that they may not be in the stongest part of my field of vision, but they are in sight. The left mirror in particular is very effective for me - I rode with only the left for a month and I was quite easily able to keep track of what was behind to the left and right.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks great. those sils look real nice.
i heard possible snow showers.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SNOW??? Say it isn't so!!!

I know guys who ride with those little stick-on mirrors on the hemet. I don't know how well they work, but those guys love them. They're cheap, too. Figure I'll try one out.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have one left-sided mirror similiar to the CRG's but it is only 1/3 the size. It's no bigger than a dental mirror (about the size of a silver dollar actually)! I can't see sh*t but it looks cool! 8) Thinking about investing in the larger ones. How much are they?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vincents4: I don't take passengers - for my limited experience the bikes too small. I did take my wife across the bridge in daytona. She didn't have any problem with the pipes, she complained that the passenger pegs were too high. ::)

Mdark 750: I don't know. the more I look at it the more I know you guys are right and it needs to be chopped ( if it stay's in it's current condition - more on that later ). In the time being I was thinking about attaching a bar of 1/4" steel, 1 1/2" wide about 6" long to those two frame tubes sticking out. Then I'd take an angle grinder and grind the rearward face . . . he he ;)

Thanks for all the comments guys - this site is invaluable!!!!!!!

jb

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One thing that I found helpfull with the CRG mirrors is to change the orientation of the mounting handles. Rather than pointing forward as in the pictures, mine are pointing upwards. That allowed me to position the mirrors in my field of view.

The Dude
2002 Monster 620ie Dark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts