Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was buzzing around town doing some errands yesterday afternoon. I found myself on 14th street in the one-way section headed towards Mission and South Van Ness. I was on a fairly deserted block, so I decided to loft the front wheel (bike seems to be pulling really well these days).

Anyway, I'm about half-way down the block when I see a car turn onto 14th street HEADING TOWARDS ME -- IN MY LANE.

I slammed the front down and came to a stop and started gesturing wildly to the car. It slowed down and pulled over into a gas station. The driver (a young female talking on a cell phone) was laughing into her phone and chatting away as she looked around in the gas station parking lot -- obviously a bit disoriented. I was pretty upset that she had done this in the first place, but the giggling into the phone bit was really pissing me off. I sat there and waited until she looked up into the street and flipped her the bird until she acknowledged it and then buzzed off.

Moral of the story -- even if you're riding on an empty one-way street and you're preparing to stop at a red light, keep your guard UP.

Cheers,
Tiggy

P.S. I later calmed myself down by doing a couple "parade" laps around all the shoppers near Union Square.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I thought the story was going to end with your removing the pipe you use to keep your tiger tail up and bashing some mirrors... that would have been cool. But the APB would probably leave only one suspect.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could pretty easily just paint black over the top of all my orange and they'd *never* find me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same thing happened to me on my B-day... Entire life flashed before my eyes... :eek: :mad:

NOTE: Talking on a cell phone while driving, without a hands free device is now illegal in the State of California as of January 1, 2007.

Just some extra ammo to make a case... ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Oh would that it were so...

http://safety.blr.com/display.cfm/id/101975

The brain-damaged cage jockeys have until July '08 to get a hands free device.

Even then, I'm convinced the only hands free phone attachment permitted while driving should be some sort of suppository. Talking and driving do not mix, hands-free or not.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Glad you're OK, man. You were about 1/2 block from my house (14th/Natoma) when it happened so I could've helped you beat the crap out of her if she had caused you to wreck the Tigerbike. Hell, we could even get the ******** down the street to help...they're always up for some vigilante action.

BTW - That kind of crap happens all the time at the Arco station on 14th/Mission. People turn left (the wrong way) from northbound Mission onto 14th, then pop into the station. I usually loft the front wheel in the same general area, but I'm always wary of cages pulling out from one of the side streets.

·
Registered
108 Posts
DrunkenMonkey said:
Oh would that it were so...

http://safety.blr.com/display.cfm/id/101975

The brain-damaged cage jockeys have until July '08 to get a hands free device.

Even then, I'm convinced the only hands free phone attachment permitted while driving should be some sort of suppository. Talking and driving do not mix, hands-free or not.
Your right, It's July 1, 2008. Sorry for the mix-up. At least that's what a coworker told me. That new law should be applied sooner though... :police:

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
We come up with a code to make titles for this type of thread shorter and more efficient.

#1 = s.f.c.1 cut me off while talking on cell phone
#2 = s.f.w.c.1 cut me off while talking on cell phone, but she was hawt
#3 = s.f.c. turned in front of me even though I clearly had right of way and they made eye-contact
#4 = m.d.2 <insert anything here...seriously...what these "people" are capable of behind the wheel never ceases to amaze...>
#5 = r.i.o.3 ... <see #4>
#6 = p.o.s.4 <see #1-#5>

1 naturally means "stupid farkin' cager." Insert "w." for a woman driver.
2 Muni driver
3 I was riding in Oakland and...
4 Any hoopti'ed out piece of sh*t cage with pilot of comparable appearance

·
Registered
602 Posts
love it belle i may have to use them someday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts