Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I'm planning on purchasing an M800Dark, if only for the reason that the M620Capirex is too far away, and umm... too small of an engine for my purposes...

My question is, would the 620 Capirex nose fairing, seat cowl, tank, and other goodies fit on an 800 Dark? I think it would look awesome with the black frame and wheels, and screaming red tank, fairing, cowl, etc....

So anyway... if you happen to know... please happen to reply... n' stuff...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I was told that the tanks and body work are the same size for the different models of the same years. I think there becomes a problem with the fuel tank when you go from a FI monster to a carbed monster. - Anybody know more, I wasn't much help :-[

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think that as well... but ya never know... as for the FI vs Carb monster tanks... well... it seems they would have different internals and such...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
M620 and M800 have the same tank part numbers.

Dunno how much that Capirex tank will cost, but standard Monster tanks are about $1300 from Ducati.

I'd suggest getting a seat cowl and fairing and the carbon bits (from EBAY or privately or whatever) for your 800, and then getting the whole shebang painted however you want it.

Likely to be LOTS cheaper....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M620 and M800 have the same tank part numbers.

Dunno how much that Capirex tank will cost, but standard Monster tanks are about $1300 from Ducati.

I'd suggest getting a seat cowl and fairing and the carbon bits (from EBAY or privately or whatever) for your 800, and then getting the whole shebang painted however you want it.

Likely to be LOTS cheaper....

Good idea... I'm also looking at the option of the Red Corse kit for it... The dealer (not DucatiAustin unfortunately) I'm working with said that he might be able to stuff the Remus Carbon Hi Pipes and the Corse kit in with not much of a change of the price of the bike since he's trying to get rid of the 03's...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts