Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am what might be referred to as a "large mammal" at around 230 lbs.

I have noticed since coming from my 748 which I dialed out that the suspension on my 2005 M1000 just isn't pulling the trigger for me.

There is some money I am coming into this month, and since I love riding so much, I thought dropping some coin on my Red Barron would be money well spent.

So I need some suggestions. Mild to wild, let's hear 'em.
And if you have secret sources, or just good places to look for them on the net, throw those in too.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
2-clicker of some sort in the rear (3-clicker for track), Racetech Gold Valves or Traxxion dynamics AK-20 cartridge replacement in the front.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Most cost effective would be new springs front and rear with rates suitable for a large mammal and since you have the forks apart anyway, gold valves.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'm with Norm on the olins - front and rear. I'm 230# also, but I'm going to lose weight [laugh]. Just get em sprung for your weight and maybe one of those too expensive Ti springs for the rear too.

Oh yea, a steering damper too.

LA

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I agree with the ohlins out back for about 800 clams or there abouts, but i would go with ohlins springs and valves up front for about the same 800 clams. For sixteen hundred you would have a very competent handling bike to say the least. Here is a good place to ask any question you may have, then have him do your front shocks. You can install the rear shock yourself.

http://www.thermosman.com/

Well that is what i would do. Good luck with your suspension mods, what ever you do. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I'm same weight as you and the stock suspenders on my '04 M1000 are fine for street riding...just needed dialing in. We set preload and then went 'softer' than stock on the shock. You probably ride harder than I do...

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts