Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

We've had such a great time lately with our workday lunch get-togethers, several of us think it would be worth trying to make it a kind of "regular", planned thing.

So the question is, can we establish the second Friday of every month as Ducati lunch days? Does this work for people, or would you rather see it done differently - and if so, please make suggestions. Friday seems to be the best day during the week so far but, maybe not?

Since so we're all located all over the metroplex, the actual location will vary each time so that if you can't make it one month, hopefully the next time the location may be closer. We'll need suggestions, of course, for some of your favorite lunch spots in areas that are near you (my experience with good lunch places is limited to Lewisville and the immediate vicinity...)

What do you all think?

Lisa

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Ya'll know my feelings on this, it's a great idea. Unless I'm in jail or the hospital I'll be there... or god awful weather. Friday's? Sure, why not, but I am open to other days if it helps with the turnout. Location changes are OK or if a central locale is better for the masses that's also OK. Again, whatever works to get the most folks there with the least hassle. Count me in.

ps Lisa, just cause the bikes are fast doesn't mean the rider is. 40 years of riding and I'm still slow, but then again, I'm still riding 40years later!!!

Ride safe,

Brian

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Drew,

Glad your in, I expected more response to Lisa's post by now, began to think my presence might scare people off!!! Sorry I missed you Sunday at the show, kept an eye out for you but I was kinda distracted by all the bikes! We need to come up with a ride out your way. I'm sure there are great roads out west of Ft. Worth, gotta be something other than I20! Anyone have any rides that way? I think this ties into to N2F's post about rides towards Glen Rose/Stephenville.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful for. We are all above ground, we have motorcycles (and good ones at that!), lots of space in a really big state, not enough officers to cover all that space, lots of Ducati minded folks to hang with and about another million wonderful freedoms that come to mind. Thanksgiving indeed. Whether by train, plane or automobile (or bike!) I hope everyone has a safe journey over the holiday. Please keep our troops in mind when we are all saying our prayers/thanks.

Ride safe,

Brian/Fastwin

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Hint for next get together....

December 2nd (Myyyy Birthday!!!) to AMS (Dallas)... for my future 1098 release. =)

Date: 12/02/1984
Time:4:00pmish (For Dinner)
Location: Dinner in Central D/FW or Downtown Dallas then to AMS

whattcha ya'll think?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! Yeah, I'm definitely going to the 1098 party on December 2nd; should be fun (those AMS folks know how to put on a party that's for sure [laugh] ).

As far as our lunchtime get-togethers on Friday goes, I'm happy there's the three (or four... can't quite figure out McCain's post...) of us going! If more can join - cool. If not, that's O.K. too; it's all good [thumbsup] At least it'll start to be a "regular" thing so peole can plan to go if they want to.

And on a side note; Alan and I were looking at the Two-Wheeled Texans forum the other day and they have several folks who have gone on a ride southwest of the Metroplex towards Stephenville/Glenrose and have listed detailed route instructions (seems to be a concensus on decent BBQ at Hammonds in Glenrose as well so at least we won't starve should we decide to make this trip [laugh] ).

So, anyone up for a trip to Stephenville this weekend? I realize it's the holidays but...

Lisa

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I should be able to start making some of the lunch runs as long as they are close to the office.

I am out for the Dec. 2nd deal. I will be at the Red Bull Last Man Standing up in Bulcher. You guys should plan a ride out there and stop by. It is right on the road that heads north out of Muenster that we have been on before.

It has the off road riders in the world...the Valentino Rossi's of off road like David Knight from the Isle of Man and Dick Burleson who was featured in Any Givin Sunday and several more. Should be a wicked event and the best part is it is free!!

Here is a link:

http://www.redbulllastmanstanding.com/

Swanny

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I will assuredly go by AMS on the 2nd, but it will only be for the late afternoon gig. My wife, Jennifer, has a major annual Christmas/girls get together that evening at 7:00 and I pull duty on watching my soon to be 10 year old step son. Thought about dragging him down to AMS but they don't have enough insurance!

Lisa, I'd love to go this weekend, but I can't commit yet. Jen may hold a gun to my head and make me start putting up all those Christmas lights I didn't put up last year! I've heard about it for 11 months. The weather is supposed to be great, again. Maybe something shorter may develop and I could sneak out. I'll watch the board.

Happy early B-day James, mine's next Thursday. No better way to spend your B-day than looking at your next scooter! Besides, who better to give you the best gift ever other than yourself.

Ride safe,

Brian

ps Swanny, I know where that off road area is, it's right up 373 out of Muenster. I have a farm just south near Era, TX. Saw a World Trials Championship round up there back in the mid 80's, but there I go dating myself again!!

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
n2f said:
Ha! Yeah, I'm definitely going to the 1098 party on December 2nd; should be fun (those AMS folks know how to put on a party that's for sure [laugh] ).

As far as our lunchtime get-togethers on Friday goes, I'm happy there's the three (or four... can't quite figure out McCain's post...) of us going! If more can join - cool. If not, that's O.K. too; it's all good [thumbsup] At least it'll start to be a "regular" thing so peole can plan to go if they want to.

And on a side note; Alan and I were looking at the Two-Wheeled Texans forum the other day and they have several folks who have gone on a ride southwest of the Metroplex towards Stephenville/Glenrose and have listed detailed route instructions (seems to be a concensus on decent BBQ at Hammonds in Glenrose as well so at least we won't starve should we decide to make this trip [laugh] ).

So, anyone up for a trip to Stephenville this weekend? I realize it's the holidays but...

Lisa
I was just thinking we could get another get together on the day of the 1098 and meet up and then head up there together? sorry I thought it was pretty clear in my head. (so its just a 2 week in-advanced cruise and meet)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it's cool James - just given' you a ration [cheeky] Sorry...
What time and where would you want to meet for the December 2nd deal?

Swanny, we're seriously going to try and head-out to one of your races one of these days - Sam needs to see the whole off-road bike business up close... Not sure about the 12/2 date though...

Brian, no problem on the Stephenville ride this weekend - I'd like to at least drive it once before I commit completely.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
n2f said:

Swanny, we're seriously going to try and head-out to one of your races one of these days - Sam needs to see the whole off-road bike business up close... Not sure about the 12/2 date though...

Brian, no problem on the Stephenville ride this weekend - I'd like to at least drive it once before I commit completely.
I am not racing on the 12/2. You have to be one bad arse pro to even get invited to that race!! I will be watching.

Here is the remaining schedule:

12/17 Bowie MX-Bowie
1/7 Stone Creek Park-Bells
1/21 Red River Dirt Riders-Bulcher
2/4 RFC Ministries-Crafton
2/18 TORO Race/Year End-TBA

Swanny

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far as lunches go, I'm in! I work evenings (3p-11p), so pretty much anywhere in the metroplex is ok with me - depending on the weather.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
n2f said:

around 3-4ish, it was just an idea so we could all carvan up to AMS and check out the new ride.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Even though I didn't make the last lunch or the meet up before Saturday's show (company in town and another wedding), I would be up for a standing lunch ride! I work out in Bedford at 121/Harwood (about a mile North of that Dixie Place you guys met at last week...) We should plot everyone on a map and then decide by dart throw... ;D

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fuzzykeith said:
Even though I didn't make the last lunch or the meet up before Saturday's show (company in town and another wedding), I would be up for a standing lunch ride! I work out in Bedford at 121/Harwood (about a mile North of that Dixie Place you guys met at last week...) We should plot everyone on a map and then decide by dart throw... ;D
Best idea yet!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
fastwin said:
Drew,

Glad your in, I expected more response to Lisa's post by now, began to think my presence might scare people off!!! Sorry I missed you Sunday at the show, kept an eye out for you but I was kinda distracted by all the bikes! We need to come up with a ride out your way. I'm sure there are great roads out west of Ft. Worth, gotta be something other than I20! Anyone have any rides that way? I think this ties into to N2F's post about rides towards Glen Rose/Stephenville.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful for. We are all above ground, we have motorcycles (and good ones at that!), lots of space in a really big state, not enough officers to cover all that space, lots of Ducati minded folks to hang with and about another million wonderful freedoms that come to mind. Thanksgiving indeed. Whether by train, plane or automobile (or bike!) I hope everyone has a safe journey over the holiday. Please keep our troops in mind when we are all saying our prayers/thanks.

Ride safe,

Brian/Fastwin
I looked for you too, but actually was only there from 10:30 to about 1. I was a bit disappointed with the size of the show. Maybe the fact that there were so few people in the building Sunday morning made the giant room feel so unfilled. Did get to sit on all of the 600's and was really impressed with how light they have become... just amazing...

I really don't know many roads out this way. I mean there are back roads but they are straight lines that I just feel are a waste of miles on the bike. So, I'm excited if we can find some roads out here. If we do get a ride organized, prior to the AMS show, I will have to figure out how to get the girl started when the weather is below 50 degrees. I couldn't ride to the IMS on Sunday b/c the stupid bike wouldn't start. Once it got to afternoon time, started right up. Sheesh!

jamesmccain said:
Hint for next get together....

December 2nd (Myyyy Birthday!!!) to AMS (Dallas)... for my future 1098 release. =)

Date: 12/02/1984
Time:4:00pmish (For Dinner)
Location: Dinner in Central D/FW or Downtown Dallas then to AMS

whattcha ya'll think?

I'm in! I already feel we are a great group and it'd be awesome to go out with James for his b-day and then head over to AMS. Very cool.

As Brian said, we should all definitely be thankful for all that we're blessed with.

Goin out of town for the next several days - look forward to finding out the final plans.

Drew

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Drew,

Don't know what part of California you came from but maybe your bike is just used to all those beautiful, sunny, warm So. Cal. days and is just being a little fussy about being in a colder state with a bunch of straight roads!!

Have a great Thanksgiving trip wherever you're going. See you at our next ride/lunch when and wherever that will be.

Take care,

Brian

ps Rami, good to hear you chime in on lunch. If I remember right you said you lived north up 75, maybe east of there? Is that right?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts