Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode the Duc in to work today knowing full well that as of last night we had a 30 percent chance of rain/snow mix by the end of the day. Of course, I should have checked the weather and the increased chance to 85% chance of SNOW this morning before I headed out....

Well, now it is coming down like mad. And I have no other recourse but to ride home in a nice hairy snow storm. The good news is the snow is melting on contact with the concrete and blacktop. It is sticking in some grassy areas but not on hard surfaces.

I have my cell and I have the number for 911 in case the worst happens. Plus I hooked up the trailer to the jeep this morning just in case.

Guess we will see what happens when I head home in a few hours.

"Snowman"

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Focus people...

Well I made it home safely. But by the time I got off from work, the temp had dropped well below freezing and black ice became my biggest concern. I ended up taking surface streets home and avoided anything that even remotely resembled a wet spot in the road. I did break the rear tire loose pulling away from a stop light over a set of railroad tracks with some of the metal plates flanking the rails themselves. Was kind of fun though as the back end drifted out a little bit and it didnt snap too bad when it caught dry pavement. It was so smooth that it even looked like I meant to do it.
The worst part was the wind. With temps in the low 20s/upper teens and a 30 gusting to 40+ mph wind straight in the face, the going was interesting. I must say that my gear held up well and I wasn't chilled at all until the last 5 minutes or so before I got home.

Thanks for your concerns and now that the roads are dry again, guess it's time to get back in the saddle. The high may even break 30 tomorrow!!!

Ryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.