Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my first monster today...a used '02 M750S i.e....Can't wait to start riding...but before I do, I think I'm gonna install some frame and bar sliders...gotta protect the investment!!!

G

·
I bought the same bike new and the dealer said sliders wouldn't help prevent damage to the tank. I've seen messages on this site that have said the same thing. Anyway, enjoy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually Retro just had an off and states that the sliders definatly prevented damage. Just think about it, with sliders your bike slides down the road on them, if you didn't have them some part of your bike would be in contact with the road.

He had both the frame and bar ends, and I'm thinking that BOTH are required in order to best protect your bike.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Not to mention decent, solid-mounted rearsets (check out Retro's pics in the thread below). I know for a fact that had I had sliders during my lowside in the canyons one year ago damage to the tank would have, if not completely prevented, severely minimized. I paid big $$ to fix an unnecessary amount of damage to my S4 so you could learn from my mistake/ neglect. Do get the sliders.

-R.

G

·
It will complete depend on the mishap. But its safe to say you will be better off with the sliders then without. Solid pegs are really a hug help also like the others said. But nothing will be a sure thing when a person goes down.

·
Registered
684 Posts
nice! ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts