Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Woodcraft clip-ons master cylinder spacer.

Tags
woodcraft
3K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  convict 
#1 ·
Hi all, does anyone have a spacers (like the ones in the pictures) for the master cylinders so i can run clip-ons, or know where i can get some from as i have hunted the internet and they seem to have discontinued. These are for a Monster 796. Thanks in advance 👍🏻
Text Style Font Black Black-and-white
Machine Auto part Automotive engine part Cylinder Silver

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
i was lucky enough to get a set from monsterpart.com
i would get in touch with them. maybe they can direct you to their supplier
i think monsterparts com is all but closed with the last bits of stock being sold off
maybe you could reverse engineer a set and just use a 3d printer. truly is just a spacer and plastic would work just fine.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, i emailed monsterparts and corsair (there suppliers) and like you said they are out if stock and the manufacture discontinued making them some years ago due to lack of demand so no luck there, i cant find anything online anywhere thats why ive turned to the forums hoping i would have some luck.

#10 ·
I actually found the blueprints and have a file ready to be sent to a 3d printer, if you find someone who is willing to do it for a reasonable price, can you let me know? the file types I'm trying to upload are not compatible with this forum, .bak and .ems (I used a free demo from this a place called emachine shop over in NJ), so if you want them, just DM me your contact and I can email the files over!

#17 ·
The spacers are only 11mm spacers, I don't think you can make it much thinner than that, otherwise it defeats the purpose and the coffins will hit the clip on clamps. Not to mention that the spacer would be a bit too thin for my liking at the sides of the overlapped curved section. Lastly, definitely not handlebar risers. Handlebar risers are typically flat on one side.

#21 ·
3rd printers are basically hobby hot glue guns. you can now buy just the "gun" which pumps out beyond burn the crap outta your fingers hot liquid plastic. my idea was to mount as is with simple spaces and then fill the gaps. i am not an engineer, obviously, and i cant remember the words but the stresses on the spacers is/are just being squished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.