Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with a Zoom Zoom rep today and he told me they're thinking about having a women only riders and coaches group on June 7th at Thunderhill. They'd still run 3 groups that day but one group will be women only (of all levels). They're still planning it and told me to check back for when they have it set. I think it'd be cool if the women among us are on the track at the same time [thumbsup]

Who'd be interested?

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I've got to check my schedule, but it sounds like fun. [thumbsup]

What's the point of having one group being all women when we're all different skill levels though? Sounds a little scary from a safety standpoint. Did they address this?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tigre said:
Oh, I'm interested all right.
Don't forget to bring umbrella...hard to be umbrella boy without one [laugh]

Mostrobelle said:
What's the point of having one group being all women when we're all different skill levels though? Sounds a little scary from a safety standpoint. Did they address this?
I didn't ask about the mix of skills. They thought it might be cool to ride without guys. I think they'd like to do an all-women's day but they don't think there'd be enough women for that.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Ducky said:
Don't forget to bring umbrella...hard to be umbrella boy without one [laugh]
Nice! I give you a high-five from me for that one. [laugh]

Ducky said:
I didn't ask about the mix of skills. They thought it might be cool to ride without guys. I think they'd like to do an all-women's day but they don't think there'd be enough women for that.
I think it would definitely be cool to ride without the y chromosomes polluting the pavement. I understand that there might not be enough of us to warrant an entire day to our own--that surprises me though. I think Curve Unit has track days just for them. They're a bunch of track junkies from what I've heard. You mean to tell me that ZZ doesn't think that they can get 90 women out on the track from the Bay Area? They'd know better than me--they've got the records to look on. I can say that in my short time at the track, I only see one or two other women at most when it's not a school-type format. That's like 1-2% of all the people on bikes at a given day? :'(

·
Registered
172 Posts
All kidding aside - if you need the position filled: I can work an umbrella (it's all about the shark-fin release, sshh).

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are good :-* :-*

jonnymoto said:
All kidding aside - if you need the position filled: I can work an umbrella (it's all about the shark-fin release, sshh).

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Girls on bikes. The thought just sorta turns my mental capacities to mush.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Well, I've heard a bit more about this day, and from what I can tell, if I signed up I could (theoretically) ride in the B group and then do the Women's group also. That's a two-fer deal right there! That's also a lot of riding in probably very warm temps. ...and just after I'm going to be taking a couple of days off the week before. I need to see if the funding and timing work out. If you hear of someone wanting to unload their spot a bit on the cheap let me know!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
msincredible said:
I signed up for the women's day, will be my first time on the track.
-p
That's cool [thumbsup] I'll have to see if I can make it.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
msincredible said:
I signed up for the women's day, will be my first time on the track.
ZZ is a great way to do your first trackday. They offer in-class instruction in the off-track time. Other track providers only do that if you take a school (as opposed to a trackday), which is often much more expensive. They're good folks and run a tight ship.

Give a holler as the day approaches. We'll give ya the skinny on prepping yourself and your bike. Hopefully, either 'belle or Ducky will go along and can show ya the ropes (if ya don't already have a pitmate).

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I can be a pitmate for hire! I can show you how to ride slow and take bad lines, and then, with my pitifully underpowered bike, you could pass me over and over and over. I do wonders for an ego at a trackday! You'll think you're GP material after you're done riding with me! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mostrobelle said:
I can be a pitmate for hire! I can show you how to ride slow and take bad lines, and then, with my pitifully underpowered bike, you could pass me over and over and over. I do wonders for an ego at a trackday! You'll think you're GP material after you're done riding with me! [thumbsup]
I didn't feel like no Valentino Rossi after riding with ya :-\ :-*

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Ducky said:
I didn't feel like no Valentino Rossi after riding with ya :-\ :-*
That's because your right wrist is a little stiff...ya know...from the accident...yeah, the accident. It won't be long...you'll be wiping the floor with me. ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mostrobelle said:
That's because your right wrist is a little stiff...ya know...from the accident...yeah, the accident. It won't be long...you'll be wiping the floor with me. ;)
I think there's a design flaw...no...more like the diameter of the throttle makes it hard for small wrist people like me to twist it all the way [cheeky] [laugh]

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Ducky said:
I think there's a design flaw...no...more like the diameter of the throttle makes it hard for small wrist people like me to twist it all the way [cheeky] [laugh]
I'll help you rig up a thumb throttle...like on the 4-wheelers ;D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts