Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

How many cc's is your bike?

• Li'l bitty guy: less than 600 cc's)

Votes: 0 0.0%
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you, and yes, the tail bag is pretty large--45 liters to be exact. I had to go to that size to be able to hold a full-size helmet in it with a few extras. As for what I normally carry in it, I use the bike to commute to work, and so I usually have my purse & a 2nd bag containing my work clothes, as I always wear full-protective, dedicated bike gear to ride, meaning I change clothes at work. I avoid saddle bags as I lane-spilt, and therefore, want to maintain a narrow bike profile. The bag can be removed with a key when I don't need it, and I agree with you in not liking backpacks, which I consider to be unsafe in the event of an accident. Plus, they're hot and interfere with my jacket's airflow.
Good call - we can't lane split here, so I guess that thought never crossed my mind. I also only ride on the weekend mornings on mountain roads, so I don't really need much space typically. I have very fuel efficient Land Cruiser to commute in and protect me against other cagers :D

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Great choice of bike and setup! Trust a woman to get a 45l handbag to put on the bike ;)

Thank you, and yes, the tail bag is pretty large--45 liters to be exact. I had to go to that size to be able to hold a full-size helmet in it with a few extras. As for what I normally carry in it, I use the bike to commute to work, and so I usually have my purse & a 2nd bag containing my work clothes, as I always wear full-protective, dedicated bike gear to ride, meaning I change clothes at work. I avoid saddle bags as I lane-spilt, and therefore, want to maintain a narrow bike profile. The bag can be removed with a key when I don't need it, and I agree with you in not liking backpacks, which I consider to be unsafe in the event of an accident. Plus, they're hot and interfere with my jacket's airflow.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts