Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently dropped my bike and the harness connector that plugs into the back of the tachometer cracked a little. i soon came to realize that this crack in the connector was keeping the harness from staying plugged in...well it will stay plugged in now, and i actually drove it a couple of days until i was going down the rode one night and my headlamp went out. luckily i was right by the house and made it home, but i have been unable to start it sense. the speedo does not do the check where the needles go side to side when i turn it on...the yellow light blinks as well as horn,brakes, etc.... but it will not turn over...any ideas???? is there a way to get around it? i'm hoping not to have to get new wiring over a cracked clamp. :-\

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
What year & model?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Try seating them with your hand so they work, then putting some liquid silicone on it. It'll make it stick in there and the silicone will insulate the wires if the connector is broken.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try seating them with your hand so they work, then putting some liquid silicone on it. It'll make it stick in there and the silicone will insulate the wires if the connector is broken.
i'll most likely give the silicone a try, but i am worried this will not fix it...as i have pushed the crack together as much as possible while having it plugged in and have seen no benefit...
thanks for the input

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Have you checked your fuses?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else have some ideas or does anyonw know some handy wiring tips? i'm gonna talk to my nearest shop today see if i can figure anythingelse out...i want to rip the connector off, scracth my head and find a way to plug those damn wires up

·
Registered
760 Posts
dormat21 said:
anyone else have some ideas or does anyonw know some handy wiring tips? i'm gonna talk to my nearest shop today see if i can figure anythingelse out...i want to rip the connector off, scracth my head and find a way to plug those damn wires up
Why dont' you buy a similar (2002+ air cooled) harness from ebay. I usually see them go for like $50 for the whole thing.

and make sure you've got the schematics.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all the wires leading into that connector? sounds like a good idea i'll start searching ebay for something like that....i was also thinking that if i could get a hold of an old harness from an old 02 i could cut the wires at the connector and solder them to mine...wonder if that would work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.