Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
definitley a 'newbie' question but... can somebody give me a rundown of how to winterize my bike? it will be in a garage under the house, never falling below 60 degress. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have heard many suggestions to getting a battery tender, putting stabil into a fresh, full tank of fuel and letting it run for 10 minutes and get the tires off the ground to draining the tank and bringing your battery in the house. I was about to go the first route until my brother told me he never winterized his bike last year. He just started it every week or so and let it run a little while. I'm still not sold on which route I want to take, but I haven't bought stands yet. I'm interested in hearing what people think is the best way.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm not going to bother, either... I'll just run it every couple weeks... take it around the block a few times. I use a battery tender anyway, and I'll change the oil and filter in the spring.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
If you're just running the engine but not riding the bike you'll be more likely to foul spark plugs and you'll be creating acids in the oil. If it's cold enough that you can't ride it you're better off with a battery tender than starting it for ten minutes every few weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts