Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had dirt bikes up north they where put away a month ago. Doing all the typical things you do for a long winter storage. (fuel stabilizer, lube the position ect ect.) I was wondering when or even if you guys put it down for the winter and if you go Thur a complete winterizing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hold on just a minute!!!!

One of the BIG selling points on my moving to NC was I was never going to have to fog a cylinder or pull my battery again. Was I delusional?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
pompetta said:
Fear not. You can ride year 'round here. [thumbsup]

just at times its cold as hell... like this morning it was 37 and a bit chilly coming into work...but now this afternoon i am over dressed and sweating on the bike..... (Jobu is going to love the fact i was sweating... ehehe)

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
IdZer0 said:
Strange thing is my manual says to empty the tank. Would that be because of the plastic tank ?
I emptied my tank yesterday. On the way down Franklin St. [laugh]

Pushed the bike down the sidewalk a couple hundred feet to a gas station.

One of the mechanics there helped me hold the tank while I primed the carbs. When the bike fired up, I think it scared him. >:D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Jobu said:
I emptied my tank yesterday. On the way down Franklin St. [laugh]

Pushed the bike down the sidewalk a couple hundred feet to a gas station.

One of the mechanics there helped me hold the tank while I primed the carbs. When the bike fired up, I think it scared him. >:D

Did he wet his pants?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Jobu said:
He did run off pretty quickly. So maybe he was going to clean himself.
I know that i wet my pants this morning on the way into work....just to keep myself warm!!!! i think the best way to winterize is thicker Jeans and an extra sweat shirt or something :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts