Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
December: Install FCR 41s -- yes, I gave up on the jet kit. Expect the '41s this week; Chris from CA Cycleworks has pre-set them for my wierd exhaust, and I'm getting a lambda sensor for the header, so I can fine-tune them if necessary. Anybody wanna teach me how to do wheelies?

Enclose, insulate, repaint and heat a 16' X 24' section of the shop.

January: weld up a 4' X 8' X 18"metal work table w/ ramp.

Disassemble Monster. Powdercoat frame silver. Have billet supension arch fabricated. Reassemble w/ custom wire conduits, wire and hose clean-up, etc.

February: Disassemble Paso. Clean fuel system. Check engine condition; adjust valves; fix otherwise as needed. Replace tires. Clean brake & clutch systems; replace pads; replace clutch pack if needed. Check/adjust bearings. Strip lights/mirrors off of front cowl; remove/fill headlight opening; repaint cowl, install number plates. Install frame & rear sliders. Reassemble, tune, take to track on a warm day for a test.

March: Begin '35 Ford Sedan Delivery hot rod project. Open night club in Manassas.

If anyone wants to come by and hang out, there will be a stove and 'fridge, so various forms on non-moto indulgence will be possible. The night club will offer the same, but in the evening and you have to buy stuff -- no BYOB. Yes, I'm serious about the night club.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Odd Duc said:
December: Install FCR 41s

Enclose, insulate, repaint and heat a 16' X 24' section of the shop.

January: weld up a 4' X 8' X 18"metal work table w/ ramp.

Disassemble Monster. Powdercoat frame silver. Have billet supension arch fabricated. Reassemble w/ custom wire conduits, wire and hose clean-up, etc.

February: Disassemble Paso. Clean fuel system. Check engine condition; adjust valves; fix otherwise as needed. Replace tires. Clean brake & clutch systems; replace pads; replace clutch pack if needed. Check/adjust bearings. Strip lights/mirrors off of front cowl; remove/fill headlight opening; repaint cowl, install number plates. Install frame & rear sliders. Reassemble, tune, take to track on a warm day for a test.

March: Begin '35 Ford Sedan Delivery hot rod project. Open night club in Manassas.
[thumbsup] Damn, Bill. Is that *all* you have planned for this winter? What are you going to do in your copious SPARE time, dude, build a prototype nuclear powered Ducati? [laugh]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
January: Sleep until it gets warmer

February: Sleep until it gets warmer

March: Sleep until late March when I must recruit unknowing CAM members to throw my boat lift back into the very cold water.

April: Sail and ride a lot. repeat until late November.

Chris

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Statler said:
January: Sleep until it gets warmer

February: Sleep until it gets warmer

March: Sleep until late March when I must recruit unknowing CAM members to throw my boat lift back into the very cold water.

April: Sail and ride a lot. repeat until late November.

Chris
Hmmm... unknowning would mean you aren't counting on us poor souls that helped you this fall. [laugh]

·
Registered
928 Posts
I am not that organized. But I do have a bunch of stuff to do to every bike.

M900 - prepare for DC show - next three weeks- re-polish pipes, paint touch-up on several parts, install new screens in chin spoiler, side air vents.

S2R - Install new CF/mag wheels and Race-tech suspension components(Duc Pond), install CF parts when they come in, purchase and install Cycle Cat rear sets, install Ohlins Steering Damper, Fabricate number plate bracket for NESBA Track Days, install race grips.

ST3 - Install new grips and cruise control, polish pipes.

Victory Kingpin - Install new rear turn signals, alternator cover, and lindy bars, remove ceramic coated exhaust system and polish.

Victory Sportscruiser - Remove exhuast system and polish.

Thank god for a heated storage unit.

Gene

·
Registered
688 Posts
Does it ever feel like Bill and Gene are kicking our ass? Try and fit Genes schedule in your work week.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Not sure about that, but I defintely do work to pay for my habits. After dropping off my S2R at DucPond I came home and was working on the computer till 10:30PM, then today I will probably be working most of the day. I have to admit I do have a very flexible schedule, but I'm not sure what I'll be doing in say March, such is the life of a consultant.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Old_Ducker said:
[thumbsup] d**n, Bill. Is that *all* you have planned for this winter? What are you going to do in your copious SPARE time, dude, build a prototype nuclear powered Ducati? [laugh]
Well, Tim, I have been thinking about a dual-fuel Ducati that will run on any ethanol/gasoline mix between 0% and 85% ethanol. Just need a FI bike and some help custom-programming the chip. Can't be a Monster, though. Ethanol produces only 2/3 the energy of gasoline and the Monster tank is too small as it is.

Also thinking of converting a 4-valve engine to diesel, if the engine could stand the compression. Sh!t, maybe I'll just do it and not worry about the engine exploding. I'll get someone else to test it. ["Hey, buddy, wanna ride my specially prepped 996?"] [laugh] Can you imagine the sound of a diesel Ducati w/ aftermarket pipes? Oh, you can. Think it would be wierd, huh? Well, think of my current exhaust and you'll understand why I like the idea. :p

·
Registered
124 Posts
Disclaimer: this is obviously for my CB

December (teardown):
- Pull the front forks, rear shocks, wheels, & wiring
- Sand the rust off of the frame
- Prime frame

January (clean up):
- Rewire
- Paint frame
- Rebuild carbs (or order racing carbs)
- Rewire guts

February (rear end):
- Install new rear shocks
- Paint and install modified rear fender
- Install and wire rear electronics

March (front end):
- Install new (or cut, rebuilt) forks
- Install Clubmans
- Install bar controls
- Paint and install headlight
- Install new front fender

April (midsection):
- Paint and install tank
- Install new seat
- Install exhaust
- Reshoe and install wheels

May:
- Pack up and transfer to new Duty station

If anyone would like to help, feel free to stop by. There's always beer in the fridge. :-\

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Oh boy, now that i got a serious cycle, i got some serious projects. All for the new ST4s.

1. Install new battery
2. Install new battery harness
3. Install new 20amp outlet harness
4. Install new Ducati Designs headlights
5. Install new Headlight Gizmo
6. Install new Helibars
8. Install new grip heaters
9. Buy and install new radial master
10. Buy and install new CRG levers.
11. Replace all the worn out wellnuts
12. Buy and install Desmo Times head nut w/ram ball
13. Buy and install new Evo clutch slave cyl.
14. Buy and install new sidestand bypass harness.
15. Safety wire bike

Thats just the stuff i can think of

Then - Prep the 928 for sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts