Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK maybe not to the level of extravaganza, but I plan on doing at least a couple mods this winter to keep busy now that my bike is officially parked and the snow is flying.

Last week I came extremely close to selling my bike in order to eventually get an S2R1K but changed my mind last minute (had a buyer in line). Came to my senses and realized that I've been riding seriously for about 5 months now and do not know how to properly ride the bike I've got. So I'm keeping it. And modding it. Here's what I got planned, man will I feel dumb when spring comes and I've barely accomplished anything:

--Clip-ons (likely CycleCat)
--Core my stock cans
--Lightened fly-wheel (likely Nichols)
--Something involving belt covers
--Miscellaneous billet treats

Anyone else got any mods planned? (Stupid question, I know)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK no cream! ;D

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
well...since you have a wet clutch 620 and are going inside to put a lightened flywheel....why not install a slipper clutch unit or perhaps get a new sidecasing and do the dry clutch conversion!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Getting my forks hard anodized, and I'm going to remove the lower triple clamp, grind down the casting lines, and give it a light polish (to match the Cycle Cat upper triple clamp).

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
zooom said:
well...since you have a wet clutch 620 and are going inside to put a lightened flywheel....why not install a slipper clutch unit or perhaps get a new sidecasing and do the dry clutch conversion!
While you've got the engine apart, why not go for the big bore 750 kit - and toss in some high comp pistons for funzies!

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
let's see... there's that seat cowl fab that I want to get done, and the assoc. paintwork...

other items from the realm of potentially feasible:
mirrors
14t
finally installing some of that CF bling that's been sitting in the boxes since like, summer
tail light
some misc. polishing of bits

bitchin' but not very likely:
sort out my low end problem :mad:
flywheel
clubman or SM bars
old style OE windscreen

not gonna happen unless santa comes back from the dead:
wire wheels
custom swingarm
handlebar clamp that I am too lazy to draw up and machine

or... I could just accept the fact this bike will never be a commuter, and go to freakin' town w/the cool bits >:D

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Hum Winter mods.....
- First and foremost fork swap to some adjustable forks for my S2R
- Then figure out what I want to do with the rear shock
- Then if i have any organs left to sell (and haven't totally missed next summer season) I want to powder coat my swing arm black and do some yellow wheel stripes.
- I'm sure some "small" things will pop up too.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
teddy037 said:
<snip>
sort out my low end problem :mad:
<snip>
Dude. Shouldn't you work that out over on the WebMD forum? [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
i have a bolt replacement kit sitting around ... and i'm planning on replacing some of the other crappy bolts too (i've had a stripping/breaking problem).

painting my lower triple black to match the upper.

maybe - pods, crankcase breather, and wire hiding

·
Registered
146 Posts
I plan on some powder coating to continue the black and red theme.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
swapping in a 900 engine. The easier dry clutch conversion [laugh]

Now I'm regretting selling off all the stock bits I had, as I could of made a track bike with all the parts I took off my 620. All I would need is a frame and wiring harness. damn.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I'm going to keep my battery charged......and concentrate on my track bike...

Oh yeah, the monster is getting a Scotts damper, but that's bolt on, not a "real" mod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts