Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's getting colder and there likely won't be any group rides for a while, is there any interest in getting together for some eats/beers at some point? It doesn't seem like Tri-State Desmo is doing their monthly get togethers, so how about a DeVal one?

Thoughts?
----------
Links on directions and such for those who don't want to go through the whole thread:
Get your bearings here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=160+n+gulph+rd,+king+of+prussia,+pa&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=40.085525,-75.393333&spn=0.014283,0.041928&om=1&iwloc=addr

More details on the location are here:
http://fhrg.com/

Fox & Hound
160 N. Gulph Rd., Suite 211
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Phone: (610) 962-0922

People are staying here, but if it fills up there are a couple of other close hotels.
Holiday Inn Express
260 N. Gulph Rd
http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&q=holiday+inn+express&near=King+Of+Prussia,+PA&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=40.105649,-75.396423&spn=0.130771,0.189514&om=1&iwloc=A
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/advancedsearch?hotelCode=kpdpa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Travis' Edit.....

Price per person is $15 based on everyone showing up who said yes. If you make me eat cost on this i will hunt you down and poop in your gas tank. :angel:

Here is the list of people showing up. We will be doing this in King of Prussia, PA. Actual location to follow.
If I have you in the wrong spot or don't have you on at all please let me know.

Yes
Knight +1
Desmos
sodark +1
kenrock1 +1
Mdriver
HyperM3
BigHoss
Lethe +/-1 he was just a bit early
blonde1over
laura +1
clopstyle +1
sur4die
FatherKind
Spankee +1
racer713 +1
Dukeoddy +1 and strippers
Sallypoke +1 HOLIDAY INN!!!

No
paper

maybe
gregmo
Justin
DucCPA
DucnHar & Steve
OT

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Winter Get Together?

KnightofNi II said:
i'm down. when and where would you like to hold this?
Well the where may be determined by any interest from our friends to the West (Paul, Drew and company) and to the East (Ken, Justin and company).

Timing wise I was figuring maybe that week between Christmas and New Years as a lot of people have off or just after the new year. What do people think?

Maybe we can find some Italian restaurant with a decent bar? I have some ideas, but let's figure out a general area first.

So all the rest of you DeVal Dogs need to chime in here, OK?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

yeah I'm down ~ was thinking the same thing & week between xmas & jan1 is a good time for me

if we were doing this as a dinner thing an italian joint w/BYOB would save a nut on the bar tab -
lots of places do it like this, a limited menu w/a per-person fixed cost

or if we just wanted to do drinks & appetizers, maybe we could find a joint that would do open bar

or I just invite all you ****ers over my house :D

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

my only request during that week is that we don't do it on the 28th or 29th as that is the end of a qtr for us and i will be working myself stupid again. and possibly very very late on fri night.

drew might have the same issue as i know his job gets icky for month ends as well.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts

If I'm still alive and if there's Italian food involved, I'm down. I need some stuffed shells....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Sounds like a randy good time to me. Im in too.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

ok....

lickit and stickit before this gets out of hand.

Saturday 12/30/06. Early evening 6PM.

Good food is a must. Italian prefered.

near philly.

Name the place and it is settled.

oh yeah...and after all that we go back to kens to taste in the new year 8)

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

id say $10-15 for good food... and of course a nice drink selection ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

I'm in.... if not gone skiing, what is mostly possible at this time of the year. time will show :D

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

Good chance I'd be in on this.

The wife's car has it's winter boots on now so I'll be riding there sideways.

Kinda looks like a rally car now.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

^ I bet her FAST likes the wheels in stealth black.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

lethe said:
Good chance I'd be in on this.

The wife's car has it's winter boots on now so I'll be riding there sideways.

Kinda looks like a rally car now.

SWEEEEETTT.. tell me lethe, how much of the difference do they make, I know where you live up north it can be bad sometimes.

But,would ya recommend them if you live , ..say in... Easton ;D

whats the dry pavement traction? are they much noisier? last year we had maybe 5-10 days of real snow around here,

and even in the snow storm and 3"-6" of snow on the road I was able to get to Blue Mountain in under 45 min. when nobody was on the road of course ;D but this year my tires have much less tread left so is either new all seasons or set of winter tires, ...help me out
Mike! thanx

·
Registered
3,225 Posts

so about the meet-up, what do you all think about King of Prussia? Maybe at like Bahama Breeze or soemthing like that? We can meet at Champs Sports Bar too.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

greg mo said:
SWEEEEETTT.. tell me lethe, how much of the difference do they make...........................
I shall answer in Jibba Jabba so as not to threadjack to death.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

sodark said:
so about the meet-up, what do you all think about King of Prussia? Maybe at like Bahama Breeze or soemthing like that? We can meet at Champs Sports Bar too.
KoP isn't a bad idea. Most roads lead there. I'm assuming it isn't too crazy there after Christmas. You can't pay me to go near there this time of year!

There's Kildare's Irish Pub too. Are people down w/ KoP as a meeting spot? If so, let's discuss locations a little further and get a count.

1 - 20 of 353 Posts