Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

After one season riding without a windscreen on my 620 dark, I will need to put one on (the neck hurts big time!!)... any advice on a good one?

Thanks on beforehand

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have got a Dart Flyscreen. It is very solid and will not flap around like some of the stock screens. It is not too big, so do not expect to be completely shielded from the wind. It does have a significant effect though and you can actually crawl behind it if you have heavy winds, by sliding more to the rear of the seat and tucking your head behind the screen.

It even looks good ;)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I like the Dart a lot. I do take it off for day to day commuting, popping it on for touring and long rides.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link to dart...should of thought of a websearch...doh ! ::)
One ordered today, courtesy of the flexible friend ! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All!

After one season riding without a windscreen on my 620 dark, I will need to put one on (the neck hurts big time!!)... any advice on a good one?

Thanks on beforehand
Hey Skydiver...I'd have thought you'd be used to windblast...! ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Givi makes a very nice windscreen/bikini fairing piece that fits well on the Monster. Looks very similar to the stock Ducati piece, but has a little narrower and taller profile. The screen is tinted as well.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think the Dart are too cruiserish looking. Something you'd find on a Savage or Rebel, no offense. I never really noticed a difference with the stock one on or off.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I added the stock screen for my second season. I ride through Germany every summer so I felt the need for some wind protection. The stock screen works well. This is also confirmed in various tests. The Givi screen also works well I am told and looks good too.

Slim

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I think if I were to go the Dart route, I'd paint the back siide the color of the bike. A little "custom" touch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts