Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 M900.

I would like a subjective response as to how much the little Monster fairing reduces the wind buffeting on the highway.

I do a long highway commute, and I'm wondering if it's more a cosmetic mod or if it's really useful in terms of wind blocking.

Your opinions are welcome.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
i am 6' 3" and on the highway the windscreen made my ride uncomfortable. it would throw the wind straight at my chest, so i just took it off. i didnt like it at all, which by the way if you are interested i would sell mine with brackets for $140, it is off of a 98 m900 and yellow.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
In my short experience I noticed that the little fairing does help at high speeds. It's by no means the same as a full size windscreen, but better than nothing. I'd borrow one from a friend if I had a chance just to try it out. A big fairing looks silly in a monster, but IMO comfort wins over aesthetics every time. A comfortable ride is a safer and healthier ride. At the end, big or small is a matter of personal preference which may vary depending on how fast you ride and how big you are.

I hope I was able to help some. ;)

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I currently have no fairing but after riding a bike with one it not only redirects the wind slightly but also straightens out the bike. If you are one to tuck, you can get behind it and it definately makes a difference. If you only drive at lower speeds it is probably not worth it. I am going to buy the cowl and windscreen and only install the windscreen for longer highway rides as I like the look without. If you have the chance to pick one up for a resonable price I would do it.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I don't feel a great deal of difference with it or without it. Maybe a little. Or maybe I imagined the slight benefit.
For me, it's all about the aesthetics. IMO, the bikes look great without them if they have clip-ons, or with them if they have the city bars.
I'd check E-Bay for one of those old great, vintage Wind Jammers.
With a C.B. and an eight-track.
Groovy. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
When I test rode a 2006 800 and a 2007 695 the 800 had the Ducati windscreen which seemed to direct wind into my chest. I noticed a difference between the two bikes. I purchased the 695 and installed a Dart flyscreen which I enjoy. I have posted a review of the Dart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts