Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking mine off I actually noticed there is less wind resistance now! Maybe this is not intuitive to most, but the windscreen fairing seems to be funneling air into my upper body and head at higher speeds when I am in excess of 70mph. In fact, the bike without the windscreen at speeds around 70mph and less feels like I am getting less wind hitting me because the pattern of air is more dispersed.

Granted, if I duck behind the screen at high speeds the windscreen does help, but boy do you have to duck low. IMO, ditch the windscreen for most riding situations. With that said, I plan to eventually grab the Puig Tall Windscreen for the front fairing for long rides, especially if there is more aggressive driving involved.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
My 796 didn't come with the factory fairing, but I'm seriously thinking of buying one and fitting the Puig tall windscreen. Any riders out there who care to post a review of the Puig?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From what I have read is that there is some low speed and high speed noise/vibration, but the effects it has on reducing wind make a big difference, and makes up for any short comings it may have.

Maybe someone close by with a monster would let you borrow their windscreen, so you could try it out. The dam things are shockingly expense from the factory like 600 bucks, so I am sure you are going to buy one used, yet you may not find it necessary unless you got the Puig Tall Windscreen too like you said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts