Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own or tried the Comfort in Action undergloves. Supposedly they are windproof. since where i live can get pretty cold, i was thinking of getting these instead of buying big bulky winter style gloves, but curious to how well they will work.

dainese also makes a silk underglove, but dunno how warm those are either.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I haven't tried the CIA gloves, but I've used silk liners in the past. The silk liners add a small amount of warmth on short rides, but at highway speeds on a cold morning, they don't do much.

I also don't like most winter weight mc gloves because they're typically just glorified ski gloves and I don't think that most would stay on in a crash. Held makes a nice pair of winter gloves called Narviks, but they're kinda pricey and I couldn't find a set in my size last year.

http://www.held-usa.com/heldglv.html

I just posted this link in another thread (getting cold out there?), but I use Mountain Hardwear Powerstretch gloves under my normal gloves. It helps if your mc gloves are a half size large, but the Powerstretch gloves add lots of warmth, are not too bulky, and don't interfere too much with lever feel.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...productId=6393760&parent_category_rn=40001352

--Fillmore

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fillmore... i went out and picked up the mountain wear gloves at rei during lunch... hopefully they fit under my gloves.

supposed to be somewhat warm this wknd, so dont know if the weather will warrant wearing them. :) ill post once i get some miles w/ them on.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Even though you've gotten the Mtn Hardwear gloves already, if others are interested the Comfort in Action ones work pretty well. Mtn Hardwear stuff is great though. I have one of their windbloc vests and wear it all the time under my jacket.

(side question - why is it that zip in linings to leather jackets are usually such crap? I have yet to see one that isn't crummy, ugly if worn by itself and doesn't bunch up under the jacket when zipped in. )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts