Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for a windscreen, preferably something CF, and I have the ducati performace shield that I find too high. I also went around to see if anyone could trim the plexi itself but cuting curved plexi could shatter the whole piece.

I wouldnt mind the newer style screen, except I am told there is a dichotomy in the model years -- newer screens go to the 2000+ bikes, whereas there is an "older" group of the pre 2000 bikes that get different screens.

Can you put a newer screen on an older bike? If not, WHY??? :)

Or if anyone knows where I can get a shorter plexi screen for my 99 ducati performance windscreen I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Re: Wind fairing or windscreen pre-99 versus post-

I know that a pre 2002 fairing does not fit a 2002. The speedo cluster is different.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I know that a pre 2002 fairing does not fit a 2002. The speedo cluster is different.
So you cant put an old fairing on a new bike. Can you put a new fairing on an old bike?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I've listed my Ducati Performance carbon-fibre windscreen on the "parts for sale" page of the classified ads section and included a small photograph.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Actually, the DP carbon fibre fairing I have for sale is designed to fit Monsters up to model year 2002 according to the catalogue, so it should fit 1994-2001 Monsters.

The photograph of the fairing in my ad shows the fairing mounted on my '97 M900.

jD

Great, I guess that answers the question, You can run a newer fairing on the older bikes but not the other way around because of the instrument cluster.

Sorry to "miscategorize" your windscreen and thanks for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts