Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have a 2004 multistrada ds 1000, I built from the frame up, been working on it for 8 years now. Ive taken it to dealer and they can not help. says I needs a tuner and ecu work to make it run correctly. I have to much time and money in it to just stop. I'm willing to haul it where ever just as long as you can fix it /work on ecu, do what ever to make it run correctly. few thing I have done to it.
1. removed air box, put can filters on it. I think it was called (Wasp) it relocated battery to top of engine
2.removed coal filter because it was a California bike
3. dual exhaust M3's but shorten them so it didn't stick out past frame

or pass me on to someone contact me with info [email protected]

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
can you give a little (or a lot ) more info? when you say built from the ground up, from what. was this a running bike that you disassembled to build or is it built from pieces? what is is currently doing (or not doing) that needs to be fixed? how did the dealer come to the conclusion that they did, did they try to work on it or did they take one look at it and decide that they didn't want to touch it? Where are you located if someone is available to help? hopefully with some of these answered you will get some good responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a running machine, it was dropped and insurance totaled it out .when I bought it. so I started from the frame and engine/rolling structure. I put new steering bearing on and all new front end equipment , I did nothing with wiring but new blinkers and headlight. I had to get a new ECU with a delete security code in it because I didn't have the red Key.
Ducati shop looked at it and said they didn't have the tool/equipment anymore to hook up the air and fuel , he says he worked on it 3 hr to see what he could do anything by hand. he seen all the work I have done and wanted to help.
I always wanted a steel frame, and single sided swing arm, I like the look of the tube framing so I just jumped on this ugly duckling and made it look like something else. Im in Kansas City willing to drive 6-8 hours to drop off. Not in a hurry to get it back like I said ive been working on it for 8 years

What I think it needs is ecu work, dino are a power commander(they don't make one for this year that I can find) might be able to use something else that is close. I know nothing about ducatis and what engines are comparable

·
Registered
M1100S - H1100S - XT250
225 Posts
On a MTS1000 you should have a M5.9 ECU.
You can use an Innovate LM-2 to get AFR and Scan5MX to extract TPS/RPM.
Scan5MX can get the input from LM-2 so all the data will be in synch.

From there you can use tunerPro to change your map and guzzidiag to reflash your ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry for the delay in response. so is it running now just poorly? or is in not running or barely running?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts