Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a set of Mivv cans I'm considering buying for a '96 M900, but they list them as only fitting years '99 - '02. I don't understand why they list them as only fitting those years...isn't the '96 header system the same as the '99? ???

Want to make sure before we buy them though :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Don't know the answer to that, but hurry up and get that bike done! From the pics, it looks like it's going to be a sweet ride. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate...I hope so :-\

These cans have me stumped ??? I thought the frame was changed from 2001? However, the carb models were changed to injection in '99...so is there any reason why a set of cans would work with injected but not carbed?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Don't know if this helps you, but I've put low mount cans(Sil Motor) from a 2002 M900(FI) on a 1999 M750(carb) without a problem. These where just the cans, and not a full system. And the bike had stock rear sets.

Good Luck! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MonsterHooligan said:
are they slip ons or full system?
low or hi mount?
Slip ons, low mount.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MonsterHooligan said:
low mount slip-ons should be exchangeable between all monsters except SxR versions
Oooo...you're making me very happy ;D Why in the hell do they list them for only those years then? I'm not going to get any nasty little surprises am I? [laugh]

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
;D Thanks for your help guys...as always, really appreciate it [thumbsup]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts