Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you've read my previous post you'll know that I'm new and have a problem with a very stiff/sticking throttle action . The problem I sussed was due to the throttle close cable,so guess what?, being the daring guy that I am I just disconnected it :eek:,and she STILL RUNS!!.The throttle now snaps back like a sharp snappy thing,and I'm smiling,for now,but.................will she blow??.I'll let you know, I,m of for a spin.

Strikes me that these Ducs could be over engineered what with needless cables and lumps of plastic hangin' of the back!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
If you're going to ride it like that, just practice thumbing the kill switch a few times so that if you find the throttle stuck open suddenly you will instinctively know where it is.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well just been for a 40 mile blast with no problems,I just zip-tied the now redundant throttle close cable to the bars,I will remove it completely, later.My next two mods have got to be new higher bars and louder pipes, I quite fancy chopping the OEM ones down.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
MY throttle would stick open occasionly because of my confusion bar end mirror. Sort of scary, I figured if I could pull in the clutch I'd be alright. Well, needless to say that right hand mirror came off, after that happened a couple times. so right now , riding with left mirror only. Just might stay that way, unless I find some bar ends that'll work .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts