Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would appear that after some flak about him advertising for a ride/dinner that he was putting together he has left the board. I hope you change your mind Dennis as I hate to see any one go away mad (except Rolfo). Not everyone likes what we do, and some of those people will comment on it. We must look past these "opinions" and do what makes us happy. Dennis if leaving this board makes you happy, good luck to you and I hope to see you around. Drop me a line when you go to Marbella. We'll have a cafe. Shame on the rest of you (you know who you are).

El Pato

L

·
0 Posts
I have read what happened and I think that there were some things said that obviously shouldn't have been but DENNIS, come on brother. Don't do it this way.

Since day one on this board I have hated and enjoyed your attitude and grow fond of your input on all subjects as well as your constant push towards improving your S4R. I can't think that there was anything worth leaving over.

Hope this is just a cool down period for you and you realize that one jacka$$es words should not sum up the boards feelings or thoughts towards you.

Just my thoughts.....

Liter

H

·
0 Posts
Dennis was just trying to promote a DML event with what ever draw he could use. After putting in much effort to organize a ride/track-day/dinner, he got almost no response or support. The billboard add was a last attempt at getting some people involved.

If he's gone, he will be missed. Maybe I'll go too. Things are a bit "stale" around here anyway. I doubt very much I'd be missed, for I haven't anything to offer but smart-ass comments, and useless humor. At least Dennis had something to offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well herb if you go then I'm gonna go as well. Its your dumb a s s comments that make my day fun. You weird weird man. Wish I could meet you in person to see if you are not just that funny on the net.

pato

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I agree, come back Dennis. You have interesting & honest views on motorcycling and life, and contribute great advice on tracks, racing and photography. Don't leave because 1 or 2 people voiced their opinions about your sig line.

Plus, you said you received nothing from the tech section, but I think you did receive support from other board members when you needed help or parts - correct me if I am wrong - but you don't want to loose that network.

Chad (mitt)

T

·
0 Posts
I usually follow things pretty closely here, except when I'm not at work and don't have as much free time on the computer :)

What exactly happened?

If RDD has left the board it would be a shame. Everyone here provides humor, solid tech support, and smart ass comments, however I always look to the regulars to set the tone for what this board is...a great community.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Take it easy, Dennis will be back... just give him a few days.

But Herb, you can go. NOBODY LIKES YOU!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding, of course. This place would be decidedly less funny without Herb. And Herb knows more than he lets on. You're not going anywhere bro, we know where you live.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is in the tech section under the pressure plate bearing removal thread. I don't know how to put the link onto this page. If someone else does help me out here please.

Pato

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have to ask, what the hell is happening to the forum in the past two weeks? First I'm seeing threads with guys like Robertorolfo or whatever his name is, then I see some guy threatening to kick somebodies ass on one thread and then i read about Herb and RDD leaving?! WTF! This webpage has taught me everything I know about bikes! I was a newbie with absolutely NO knowledge. Everything I've learned has been from people like Herb, RDD, Norm, Filmore and all the other regulars. Is this the DML crumbling? Are we heading towards an R6 or Gixxer type forum filled with threats and tough guy attitudes? Can we please rise above this? RDD and Herb, you can't go. You guys keep this place going. An event was advertised promoting Ducati oriented activity, sounds pretty damn appropriate to me! Let's get things back to normal. Herb, can you please say something smart ass to make things feel normal again? ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
no call for any kind of personal attacks or name calling... something was said, we had an apology, let's move on and get back to normal.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
UGHHHH!!!!!! Come on, lets call a truce, and everyone come back!!! :'(

D

·
0 Posts
OMG, how did I miss all this?

[email protected] it ladies...can't ya'll play nice.

Scott, Chris, Nick, Dennis, Herb... how many dogs in this fight? Fu<k, I want in, too. I had a busted beer bottle somewhere.

WTF guys, who cares if RDD had a big banner? Me, no. This guy here, no. Hey, what about you in the corner, do you care about Dennis' ad?

I will miss your wheelie shot Dennis.

And Herb...man [email protected] it...I understand you and Dennis are boys and all, but as Dennis says "common" man. It ain't gotta be like this. Look man, you are the number 2 poster, right behind Daffe. You are almost there...we could have Herb-like oneday. I wanna be Herb-like [email protected]! :'(

There is not enough profanity to express my disgust.This board has been raped.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
what the heck is going on here?

I'm gone for a few days and I come back to the DML Kingdom in turmoil!

Nobody's leaving! The riding season is upon us and me need the Monster harmony on our side (I can't believe I'm saying this hippie peace stuff, I'm usually the one who starts fights!)

I suggest we all go for a long ride, clear our heads, and get back to business.

Otherwise, I'm leaving too.. will start my own forum.. I think I'll call it:

Ducati Monster Leavers List or DMLL

It's gonna be nothing but Ducati babes, smartas$$ remarks and battery acid threads...!!! ;D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts