Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

will my cyclecat clip-ons on my 620 fit an S4 of the same year? (2002)

755 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  s4girl 
#1 ·
anyone? i'm thinking of maybe upgrading from ym 620ie to an S4. it would be pretty sweet! but i'd definitely like to take the clip-ons with me. anyone know if it's a problem? fork thickness the same? i really should go to the cyclecat site, heading there now...

#4 · (Edited)
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#5 ·
thanks for the reply mate, i'd like to keep it as cheap as possible so i could suffer the sketchy look of the stock triple with my clip-ons mounted under. If anyone has a pic of this set-up i'd love to see it to get an idea.

bryan, i see you went from a 620 to the 1000, that's kinda what i'm thinking. i've only been riding the 620 for about 5-6 months, but i've been riding for years. the 620 is the biggest bike i've ever had, but i want to take my girlfriend on the back and although the 620 is good as gold, i'm quietly getting itchy for a bit more grunt. did you find much of a handling different etc going up in capacity? i really enjoy how easy the 620 is to throw around and it feels very nimble. maybe i need to test ride. but i know that will seal the deal!

#7 · (Edited)
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#8 ·
there is a protrusion on the s4 triple that mates to a bolt on the s4 bars...you would have to machine it off or replace with a triple that doesnt have that. i can shoot a pic of my cycle cat triple...knowing that now i wished i had bought a different cc triple and went with an under triple clip on.
julie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.