Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious I have a deal on some lightly used Monster 1100 EVO adjustable fork cartridges (Internals only) and wondering if they would simply drop in (plug and play) with monster 696 stock fork tubes? Anyone know?

Basically stock 696 forks are non-adjust and 1100 evo are. I know that Andreani internals do if you buy the right kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t know for sure but I think not. I have a 13’ 796 and just ordered some used 1100 forks. I think my stock 796 forks are the same as yours so I may be able to test it when I do my swap. That might be a week or two though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been wanting to replace my front and rear socks on my 796 since I have 23,000 miles on the bike and im a bigger dude. I really want some black housings tho, not trying to hijack the thread, but anyone got ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the Andreani cartridge kit installed on my 696 last year. best upgrade I ever did for my bike.
I've heard nothing but good things about the Andreani kits and my shop offers them as a reseller. The only issue I'm encountering is price. I can't find a pair under $550.

Meanwhile the 1100evo forks inner parts I can get from a friend for $100.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been wanting to replace my front and rear socks on my 796 since I have 23,000 miles on the bike and im a bigger dude. I really want some black housings tho, not trying to hijack the thread, but anyone got ideas?
You can wrap the forks in vinyl and.or paint them or any pair you replace. If money is not an object go the andreani route with stock housing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t know for sure but I think not. I have a 13’ 796 and just ordered some used 1100 forks. I think my stock 796 forks are the same as yours so I may be able to test it when I do my swap. That might be a week or two though.
Post keep me posted and save some pics to share when you get them done. No one has really documented the process well in the past so it'd be helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts