Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I decided to chop my tail, and cut open the lid of the airbox, and remove the carbon canister, will that void my warranty?

has anyone had any issues with doing these things?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I did it all and ended up needing warranty work on an unrelated issue- no problemo... I think it so common to mod out monsters that it is no big deal.

Let's hear what others have to say regarding their experiences...

scooby ;D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I just had the starter solenoid and temp sensor replaced under warranty. I got lots-o-mods and there was no issue at all. I suppose if the mod affected the part you want warranty work on it would be an issue though.

N

·
0 Posts
I have a CF open clutch cover and just took my bike in for 600mi service. I thought they give me a hard time having my clutch springs exposed etc, and all they said was I need to get carbon exhaust to match! I agree

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would guess it has a lot to do with your dealer. Although it's often best to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission, if you're really concerned about losing the warranty, fish around for an answer from the dealer you'd eventually ask to do your warranty work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On both my bikes I had major modifications and there was no questions asked. I think with other bike companies it is different.

M

·
0 Posts
Search Moss-Magnuson act. It says that if a modification didn't adversely affect the vehicle the warranty cannot be voided. K&N air filter boxes have this info printed on them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was interested in putting a set of slip ons on my 800 and was told by the dealer that I could only put DPs or Termi pipes on without voiding the warranty ......In the same breath, the sales guy says "We can add a K&N, open your lid, and add a Power Commander III in case you want to take it to the track." These sales guys are too much.
I think the bottom line is.....If they can sell you somethin' the warranty work is no problem. Either way I'm gonna make mods and if there IS a problem I'll handle it......... legally.

M

·
0 Posts
well the dna dealer rep down here in florida denied authorization for warranty repair for overheating based on the fact i had a powercommander installed... so i've returned the bike to stock... i had to track down a replacement air box lid too. it's really up to the dealer and the dna dealer representative... if you have either that's worth a more than a pile of s h i t things like that shouldn't be a bother but if you have someone with a chip on their shoulder it could make your life more difficult than necessary. legally they can't deny warranty repairs unless they can show the change was the cause of the problem... reality is that there's a bunch of dicks employed by dna and it takes a letter to ceo to get anything positive to happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts