Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was walking down Rt 53 today patching potholes, I began to think about my bike and the work being done and BAM!! it hit me...Greg told Ruben we would get 10% at MCC. So technically I should get 10% off as per Greg for my repairs, but I can't remember what he said we'd get 10% off of. I mean hell, 10% of 4400 is 440 and that's fine by me. But is that only parts, not labor? Is that only valid once we give MCC flyers to post for MOCHA? Part of me thinks that by asking for my 10% off, I am being rude but on the other hand, that would cover my deductible plus a little extra. Rube, are they giving you a discount on the sprocket? I am afraid to ask and have them say no discount and then do a half ass job on the bike out of spite. Maybe I need to have a few drinks (like I have tonight) and TELL them that they OWE me 10% off. And if they have a problem with that, the Prince with send out his royal henchmen and they will strike down upon thee with great vengence. Jeckyl and Hyde moment there...so what do you all think I should do?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I called MCC today to talk to Greg to see if they ordered my mufflers yet because I had second thoughts. I really don't want the Remus, I want the Two Brothers. I figure if they would sound anything like Rubens, I had to have them. Not to mention, according to the prices online, they are cheaper than the Remus. Unfortunately, Greg will be out of town until tuesday, so I spoke to Jeff. He wasn't sure if they ordered them yet, and if they haven't he'd change the order. Cool! But wait, there's more. I then bring up what Greg said when we went in to ask MCC to sponsor MOCHA, about the whole 10% off thing and Jeff said he really didn't think they'd be able to do it on a job like this. Which I took it as, you buy something under $100, we'll save you the $10 or less, but if it's a big savings, we can't do it. But he said he'd have to talk to Greg. Maybe they'll waive my deductible. That'd be fine with me. Oh well...I'll keep ya'll posted.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well, if they want to be that way on a simple 10% we can take our business elsewhere. I was pretty impressed with Ken's knowledge.

Have you heard of the gentlemens juice box? Take your common zip lock bag, fill it with ice, then add jaeger and a straw, zip shut. Have one of those and then go talk to them.

·
0 Posts
Man I forgot all about the 10% discount. If Greg fails on that then, we gotta

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately for me, the Remus were already ordered and should be in this week. Jeff told me I should be happy with them and expecting the Two Brothers to to make my 620 sound like Rubens 800 was a lot to ask for. As for the 10% off, I'm still getting the impression that they won't do it, but Jeff said that they could probably work with me on the deductible. Here's a little info I found out to be rather nice...they do FREE pick up and delivery during winter time for services. So if my bike isn't finished before it gets too cold to ride home, they'd deliver it to me. That made me feel better. I really hate this time of year, way before I bought my bike I hated it. Now I hate it that much more!!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
thats cool jason, just be happy you will get all that cool stuff done and you will get your baby delivered to your door. i will still be saving my $ to get to ken and order all my toys for my baby. but it will be worth it come spring time for us bro.

ill talk to you later and hopefully not to much more asphalt for us at bloomingdale just getting the trucks ready for the snow and keeping my fingers crossed it will be heavy snow this year for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts